CoD: MW or BF2 Bad Company?

Thanks for all the replies which, as usual, have been very helpful to my decision-making.

If I wanted a single-player action shooter, then, what would you guys suggest. I liked Crysis and Farcry... any others than would suit. I like MP / online but can't afford the time investment.

OK, if it was a bit cheaper, I would recommend MW2 for a single player experience. And not only "single player" in the traditional sense, but also as a one-man game (for MP purposes). Also, you only need two players for the co-op mode which I hear is pretty good. SP campaign is really good; with decent story, lots of twists, and interactive cut-scenes

(the ending will be in blood, sweat & tears; literally all of them)

. The problem is, like I said, the SP would be overpriced on it's own.

But if you're looking for a SP FPS, and you liked Crysis, then Half-Life games (all of them) are definitely a safe bet. And they're great value:price. Seriously, why didn't I think of it earlier? >_<

Get the Orange Box. More high-quality FPS than you need. You'll be a happy man/gal. Highly recommended if you haven't had the pleasure yet. :p

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

I got to say I'm pretty friggin sick of semirealistic modern military FPSs.

We asked the industry for more realism because we wanyted to pretend we were soldiers. Then we discovered that real war is boring/terrifying/incomprehensible. :thumbsup::lol:

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I got to say I'm pretty friggin sick of semirealistic modern military FPSs.

We asked the industry for more realism because we wanyted to pretend we were soldiers. Then we discovered that real war is . :lol: :lol:

And I gotta say as long as real war is about "capturing the flag", and when you're dead simply saying "oh s*** I'm dead." and "respawning" 5 seconds later, I see nothing boring / terrifying / incomprehensible about it... :thumbsup:

edit: Something similar, if not the same, goes for single player campaigns.

Edited by Nemo0071

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor