Obsidian at PAX East 2010

funcroc

http://www.paxsite.com/paxeast/schedule.php

But Thou Must: Choice in Games

Naga Theatre

Saturday, 8:30pm

Role-playing games need choice to propel the plot and motivate the player. The methods can vary from smoke and mirrors to extreme branching reactivity - what is the right balance to strike in a game? This panel dissects SEGA and Obsidian's Alpha Protocol, the issues involved with introducing choice into a real-world spy genre, and presenting the consequence to the player - along with the consequences it had for the development team.

Panelists Include: Joseph Bulock [Cinematics Designer, Obsidian Entertainment], Shon Stewart [Lead Cinematics Animator, Obsidian Entertainment], Matt MacLean [Lead Systems Designer, Obsidian Entertainment], Chris Avellone [Lead Designer, Obsidian Entertainment]

Chris will also be involved in that one :

Sequelitis Snake Oil: Quack Medicine for the Video Game Industry

Manticore Theatre

Sunday, 4:00pm

Why do passionate gamers treat the word "sequel" as a pejorative while often bestowing their highest praise upon those very same sequels? This panel will seek to diagnose the video game industry's purported "sequelitis" and

>_< Other than Boston based companies like Harmonix and Irrational(2K Boston), it looks like Obsidian is the main event developer-wise. My favorite company at my city's first legit game convention? I'm either really lucky or Chris Avellone wanted me to stop begging.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if they're gonna be on the floor too?

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

What private demo?

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Awkward!

It's a Sega thing. Talk to the Rorrstor who will put you in touch. You might have some time left to RSVP.

Thanks...