Fallout online unveiled

ramza

http://interplay.com/about/article.php?id=40

INTERPLAY AND MASTHEAD STUDIOS FINALIZE AGREEMENT TO DEVELOP MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GAME

LOS ANGELES, CA, January 21, 2010

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Isn't there a whole legal dispute over this project? I'm really doubting this game will see the light of day, MMO's have enough trouble getting released under good circumstances.

I think there was a screenshot floating around awhile back too.

edit: Masthead is a Bulgarian studio with no releases. Sounds like a recipe for success!

Edited by Hurlshot

Hurlshot, Interplay won the rights to continue producing it. There's still a legal dispute in that they're now trying to get back the complete FO rights, but I don't know if that will happen.

That's a shame. I don't really see Interplay releasing anything good, and the studio they chose sounds pretty suspect.

Whereas a Bethesda MMO would at least be an interesting sandbox experience, although I imagine they are focused on the rumored Elder Scrolls MMO more than a potential Fallout Online.

Hurlshot, Interplay won the rights to continue producing it. There's still a legal dispute in that they're now trying to get back the complete FO rights, but I don't know if that will happen.

They won a prelimenary/temporary injuction, nothing more. All that means is that production can continue until the court case is ruled on, they could still lose the right to make Fool.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes