look at this dnd image

I miss Dark Raven.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

D&D, for me, has always worked best, and in the spirit of the original game, in a home-brewed campaign setting.

Something that takes vast amounts of time and creative energy... Not to mention writing talent.

I like that they create the settings. Just wish they'd make a new one now.

What is "Points of Light" like?

I prefer my settings to at least have a traditional feel to them, something Eberon didn't. In the past, I've liked the Birthright world (Cerilia) and also Mystara, which was the setting for the boxed games of the 80s.

What is "Points of Light" like?

I prefer my settings to at least have a traditional feel to them, something Eberon didn't. In the past, I've liked the Birthright world (Cerilia) and also Mystara, which was the setting for the boxed games of the 80s.

It's the setting that's not a setting.

The idea is that the world is a vast and dark wilderness with 'points of light' in the form of villages, cities, and towns. They don't give you a world, but detail locations (dungeons, ruins, civilizations), societies, and NPCs that the GM can place wherever. How long does it take to go from the Tower of X to the City of Y? As long as your GM says it does. Does Town B exist in Kingdom A? It does if you want it to, it doesn't if you don't.

When you hear people complain about them ditching the Great Wheel for the Astral Sea, Feywild, Shadowfel, and Elemental Chaos, they're talking about the Points of Light setting becoming the base setting for DnD. It's not completely different. Many of the gods are the same.

They're trying to make a setting that's more savage than the 3.5 base. There are fewer high-level NPCs, and the intelligent, monsterous races rule several nations. That said, I don't think they succeeded, as I find the flavor of the adventure modules and a great deal like the 3.0-3.5 ones.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I've been reading on Eberron for a while now, and I'm actually starting to like it. However, Pathfinder's main setting has a borderline similar political powerplay scheme in place and especially the metagame Pathfinder society campaign has a ton of intrigue in place, so I don't really feel the need for Eberron, despite harboring fond wishes for a steampunk(well, sort of) binge again. Magical trains and skyships are not that different and don't change the flavor enough for me not to notice the flaws in Baker's little homebrew microverse.

Anyhow, it's kind of odd that it didn't hit off very well in the circles, there's nothing inherently ****ty about Eberron and god knows people play in and use worse settings every day. I know, I've played a few.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds