Please help, need file.

In the past, I have installed and played the game with my current comp.

However, the cd somehow got a little damaged, and now Data2.cab on cd1 is corrupted.

I tried recovering the file and copying the cd to a folder and installing(it gets an error with the file but I ignore it), and the program crashes even after installation(at the new game screen), so it seems the file wasn't recovered totally.

Alot of games tend to let you install with copied cd files, so this should work, and the disc is still almost entirely intact, other than that file, so it should let me use the play disc still.

If someone could please just send me data2.cab from disc1, I could install again, and it would be appreciated.

No, wait, I do not believe it is illegal to send part, if not the entire thing, to a person if they can prove that they have a legitimate copy. He, or she, said nothing about the .exe, and thus contacting SecuRom would be pointless - do try to read the postings next time. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

No, wait, I do not believe it is illegal to send part, if not the entire thing, to a person if they can prove that they have a legitimate copy. He, or she, said nothing about the .exe, and thus contacting SecuRom would be pointless - do try to read the postings next time. :)

No, wait, I believe it would be better if you stop pretending to be able to give "legal advice" on the subject.

From Lucas Arts EULA (the Kotor games):

The computer software, artwork, music, and other components included in this product, as such may be updated (collectively referred to as the "Software"), are the copyrighted property of LucasArts, a division of Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd., and/or its affiliated entities or divisions, and its licensors (collectively referred to as "LucasArts"). The Software is licensed (not sold) to you, and LucasArts owns and/or controls all copyright, trade secret, patent and other proprietary rights in the Software. You may use the Software on a single computer. You may not: (1) copy (other than once for back-up purposes), distribute, rent, lease or sublicense all or any portion of the Software; (2) modify or prepare derivative works of the Software; (3) transmit the Software over a network, by telephone, or electronically using any means, except in the course of your network multi-player play of the Software over authorized networks; (4) engage in matchmaking for multi-player play over unauthorized networks; (5) design or distribute unauthorized levels; or (6) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software. You may transfer the Software, but only if the recipient agrees to accept and be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you transfer the Software, you must transfer all components and documentation and erase any copies residing on the game console and/or computer equipment. Your rights in and to this license are automatically terminated if and when you transfer the Software.

Relevant part in bold

You lose any and all rights to use the game yourself the moment you send even a part of the game to somebody else.

You would need to ask Lucas Arts or your retail store for a replacement media. Not sure what their policies are on that though.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

EULAs are a gray area and there have been court cases for both sides, but seeing as we are here I will not debate the subject. Although, one could argue that downloading a back-up copy would be legal - even if the uploading was not. Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Rather than see this degrade, I believe that Gorth has covered the pertinent reality. Please do note that Obsidian does not condone or support any form of acquiring games that circumvents legally sanctioned avenues. When in doubt with a damaged product, do contact the company through the official support venue (usually listed in the gaming material itself) and often there is a sympathy and desire to assist a geckling get back up and running with a legit copy of software.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: