Slow Obsidian patching servers?

jaateloauto

I'm having incredibly difficult time trying to patch my Neverwinter Nights 2 through the auto-updater. Most of the time I seem to download 6kb/s from nwn2patch.obsidianent.com - taking huge amounts of time to update the game when the files are only around 20mb a patch. Once or twice I've however been able to connect atari.httpsvc.vitalstreamcdn.com to get my patches, they download in a matter of seconds. But the chances that I can connect to any other mirror besides nwn2patch.obsidianent.com is abysmal and I don't really can get the game updated.

So what I'm asking is if nwn2patch.obsidianent.com could provide more bandwidth or at least try to guide me to the other mirrors that seem to work a lot better. Could this be possible?

I'm having incredibly difficult time trying to patch my Neverwinter Nights 2 through the auto-updater. Most of the time I seem to download 6kb/s from nwn2patch.obsidianent.com - taking huge amounts of time to update the game when the files are only around 20mb a patch. Once or twice I've however been able to connect atari.httpsvc.vitalstreamcdn.com to get my patches, they download in a matter of seconds. But the chances that I can connect to any other mirror besides nwn2patch.obsidianent.com is abysmal and I don't really can get the game updated.

So what I'm asking is if nwn2patch.obsidianent.com could provide more bandwidth or at least try to guide me to the other mirrors that seem to work a lot better. Could this be possible?

http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/Download.php?id=122987

This is the one you want if you have the expansion installed, and assuming of course you want the English version.

What you need to do is to download the file, place it in the install directory of your game, still archived mind you, then run the updater. The updater will see the file in your directory and install the patch from there instead of going online. Just make sure you delete the archive file after the install.

If you need something other than the English version here is the page you need to go: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2O...etail&id=19

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I was well aware of the files being able to be downloaded through IGN and patched manually, but I only tried to put the zip file to where the auto-updater downloads it (temp folder) and also tried unzipping the file itself to patch folder. I assumed I was to use the NWN2 Patcher which I tried but it failed to operate successfully, and if had not made a backup I would have probably needed to install the game again.

At any rate, I did download the patches - from version 1.10.1115 to the current non-expansion version. By the time I created this thread I had nearly installed all the patches, so really the point was to rather question Obsidian if they realize that their server is somewhat broken or if they didn't know how hard it was to patch up with the auto-updater.

Well, it could be because of heavy use. I had a problem downloading the new patch yesterday but I waited about an hour or two and was able to do so without incident. No matter how large you can make the bandwidth there will be times that it just will not be enough.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

SUOMI PERKELE

That is all

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Ice cream man driving the ice cream van!

Yeah, they are slow, most autopatchers are. It's generally a better idea to just download and apply patches externally. I understand your frustration .concerning the servers though. Maybe if there was more support for faster updating, the issue might get highlighted, but no luck there yet.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 2 weeks later...