Neutrality Strategy

Has anyone tried the (self-gimping) strategy of remaining as neutral as possible in terms of Dark and Light points? Since some of the options in the game are "light or neutral", I figure you'd have to choose to help the Ithorians at Citadel Station. I can think of a few implications of being a pure neutral: you never meet Visas Marr (unless the game forces it on you anyway), you never get a Prestige Class, and you can't visit the special area on Korriban.

You'd need to get all the +INF with your allies that aren't linked to light or dark points as possible, and balance the other +INF situations with countering actions that don't affect INF.

Are there any other key situations I'm missing?

The game wasn't really designed with a real 'neutral' side in mind; to progress through the game you have to do either 'light' or 'dark' side stuff (and balance them out accordingly). I haven't tried it, but I guess if you don't have enough 'alignment' points you can't gain a prestige class, so I don't know how that affects the rest of the game from then on, or whether you're stuck in rut until you make the choice, Jedi or Sith.

My only question is this: does a neutral player get gimped on force powers? Or do they have the best of both worlds, LS AND DS powers? Anybody know? If the former is true, then I've gotta go with Bass-GameMaster. I just don't see any point. :)

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Considering how there is no Neutral Prestige Class, by staying neutral you are missing out on the specific feats (like Force Jump and immunities) and Force powers available exclusively to either side and class. You are also loosing out on all the +/- bonuses for using native LS or DS Force Powers that naturally come with aligment (like a LS Jedi using heal). I suppose it means that you can use Heal and Lightning at their base cost, but in any case, even with a Weaponsmaster/Marauder, who have the least FPs (after say lvl 25 or so) end up having no real problem using all Force powers regardless of alignment.

So basically, apart from early on in the game where you have limited FPs and use both sides of the Force, you aren't gaining any real advantage.

PS: Swxpert was trying to pull your leg with an 'easter egg'.