Anandtech sneaks a peak at Nehalem

Deraldin

Aw man, I don't give too much for such "pre-release" tests, but hell, AMD is going to be stomped... A pity, now that the courts are slowly beginning to take up the claims from four years ago against Intel's systematical illegal practices to banish AMD's at that time vastly superior products from most bigger sellers, it won't be much use for them.

Good work on Intel's side on the Nehalem it seems. Taking the best of their own past products (PIII and followers up to c2d) and the competitors (32/64bit hybrid, integrated memory controller, native quadcore design, replacement of fsb) and improving it. Evolution, while the competition has little choice but to go back to mid-range or low end...

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

...which is why I have kept postponing my hardware upgrade for a while now :fdevil:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I wonder how hot that sucker runs. It takes a monster heatsink for the current chips, maybe we'll see more liquid cooling now.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Well, there goes my upgrade plans - I guess I'll wait and see if these are going to ship anytime soon.

From everything I've heard, you'll get the really expensive ones coming out Q3 while the mainstream parts aren't supposed to hit until Q2 next year.

I wonder how hot that sucker runs. It takes a monster heatsink for the current chips, maybe we'll see more liquid cooling now.

It's supposed to run quite cool, but I haven't seen any numbers yet.