Mira bug on Nar Shaddaa

Ok so Mira is in the space suit and heading for the meeting with the Exchange in the JJT. However when she gets to the door that leads to the private suites she just keeps turning around and running back and forth to the door, which never opens. Over and over she runs back and forth, as if she is beating her head off it. Which is not entirely that different from what I feel like doing myself. I have tried reloading about a dozen times from 4 different saves and the same thing happens each time. Any thoughts or advice?

What are your system specs?

I couldn't get the game to run on Vista, so managed to raise my XP computer from the dead. SP2, everything is green light, save a yellow caution on the video card. Everything is up to date drivers wise as I had to do a fresh install of everything to even get the computer running. What specifically are you looking for?

Are you using a dual core? What is your graphics card and have you tried rolling back your drivers?

Not a dual core, this computer is actually six years old. I haven't tried rolling back the drivers no. I downloaded them right from the CD when I re-installed everything. The game ran fine before with the card and drivers, so I don't /think/ thats it...but I suppose by process of elimination it is something to try

Well, if it is that old you might need to tweak the drivers slightly - still, do you know what make and generation your graphic card is?

ATI Catalyst. It ran he game when I first bought it low these several years ago, without much trouble at all. It just ran the first game start to finish without any issues or hangups either.

ATI Graphics Cards: If you run an ATI graphics cards, there are several known problems which can occur with KOTOR 2. However you should make sure you use the ATI Catalysts 5.4 or newer which contain fixes specific for KOTOR 2. These include a resolution to issues on Dantooine. However there are also some remaining known issues yet to be resolved, such as display corruption when changing the in-game options from Low to High on 9800 Pros, and selecting optimal quality in the ATI Catalyst Control Center then selecting 1600x1200 resolution in KOTOR 2 resulting in graphics slowdowns in the game. These will hopefully be resolved in future driver updates as well as a KOTOR 2 patch.

Loading Issues: Just a note about those of you who may be experiencing a frozen black screen when loading up KOTOR 2. The main reason for this is typically an incompatible setting which causes problems with KOTOR 2's movie files. To make sure you don't experience these issues, firstly disable any refresh rate overrides/fixes you may have applied (such as Refresh Force). Secondly, make sure you only use the modified movie files at the end of this guide if you want to skip the introductory movies - rather than just creating blank .txt files and renaming them. Make sure you are running the latest graphics drivers for your card - see the ATI Catalyst or Nvidia Forceware Tweak Guides listed on page 2 of this guide. Finally, make sure your graphics card meets the minimum specifications for the game - most integrated graphics and laptop chipsets will experience problems with this game including black screens, crashes and graphical glitches.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

ATI Graphics Cards: If you run an ATI graphics cards, there are several known problems which can occur with KOTOR 2. However you should make sure you use the ATI Catalysts 5.4 or newer which contain fixes specific for KOTOR 2. These include a resolution to issues on Dantooine. However there are also some remaining known issues yet to be resolved, such as display corruption when changing the in-game options from Low to High on 9800 Pros, and selecting optimal quality in the ATI Catalyst Control Center then selecting 1600x1200 resolution in KOTOR 2 resulting in graphics slowdowns in the game. These will hopefully be resolved in future driver updates as well as a KOTOR 2 patch.

Loading Issues: Just a note about those of you who may be experiencing a frozen black screen when loading up KOTOR 2. The main reason for this is typically an incompatible setting which causes problems with KOTOR 2's movie files. To make sure you don't experience these issues, firstly disable any refresh rate overrides/fixes you may have applied (such as Refresh Force). Secondly, make sure you only use the modified movie files at the end of this guide if you want to skip the introductory movies - rather than just creating blank .txt files and renaming them. Make sure you are running the latest graphics drivers for your card - see the ATI Catalyst or Nvidia Forceware Tweak Guides listed on page 2 of this guide. Finally, make sure your graphics card meets the minimum specifications for the game - most integrated graphics and laptop chipsets will experience problems with this game including black screens, crashes and graphical glitches.

Very interesting, thank you. I wonder if thats the reason she won't enter that door. Curious as I am even now playing the game without issue. I started over thinking there might have been some issue in the save games. If I encounter the same issue again, I'll see if there is anything requiring updating. Odd that the game ran as is with the same level of update in the past without a hitch.

Does the JJT hiccups in general? (Due to the smoke)

The Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 fix (in the swkotor2.ini, under [Graphic Options]) might fix this problem relatively easy.

Always worth the try!

Also the patch fixes an issue in the JJT. Not sure what it is, but it might help you. Have you updated to 1.0b?

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Does the JJT hiccups in general? (Due to the smoke)

The Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 fix (in the swkotor2.ini, under [Graphic Options]) might fix this problem relatively easy.

Always worth the try!

Also the patch fixes an issue in the JJT. Not sure what it is, but it might help you. Have you updated to 1.0b?

I am updated to 1.ob yes. I seem able to move around without any issues at all, not so much as a pause. But when I hit that door there is an option to open it, but it just never opens. Mira approaches it, walks away, approaches again, rinse repeat endlessly.

Hmmm OK I upgraded to the most recent drivers for the card, and now when I load the game, the start screen goes totally crazy. Lines streaking all across from whatever model and dialog on the screen. This has happened before, with KotOR and SL, and I have managed to restart and fix it. Just thought I better note it though in the event it is important, a symptom of a larger problem or something.

Hmmm OK I upgraded to the most recent drivers for the card, and now when I load the game, the start screen goes totally crazy. Lines streaking all across from whatever model and dialog on the screen. This has happened before, with KotOR and SL, and I have managed to restart and fix it. Just thought I better note it though in the event it is important, a symptom of a larger problem or something.

Is it only in 'indoor' areas? And are the lines basically polygonal? Sort of like concentric diamonds, or weird 4 sided shapes radiating from the centre of the screen?

Is it only in 'indoor' areas? And are the lines basically polygonal? Sort of like concentric diamonds, or weird 4 sided shapes radiating from the centre of the screen?

Polygonal, radiating from lettering on the screen and the mesh of the character to the left. I've since done a cold reboot of the computer and corrected it. I am just curiou if it speaks of some larger issue with the graphics card. If it is in any way related to the original and still ongoing issues with Mira and the door that isn't a door.

Hmm. It's just that a few games give me polygon issues. NOLF2 mildly, but KOTOR2 in any indoor area it sometimes becomes near impossible to see because the polygons get so large they block the screen. Restarting doesn't help.

Another game did it too. Can't remember which.

It's definitely a driver or hardware issue I'd say. Was just wondering if anybody had found a fix.

I doubt it has anything to do with the door - it sounds like a bad driver or another graphics error. Do other games work?

I just recently got a new computer with Vista. After going through MUCH grief trying to get the first KotOR to work I gave up and concentrated on getting my older XP computer to run again. I played KotOR from start to finish without a hitch, and SL played to that point without issue.

Hmm. It's just that a few games give me polygon issues. NOLF2 mildly, but KOTOR2 in any indoor area it sometimes becomes near impossible to see because the polygons get so large they block the screen. Restarting doesn't help.

Another game did it too. Can't remember which.

It's definitely a driver or hardware issue I'd say. Was just wondering if anybody had found a fix.

Well hopefully updating to the most recent drivers will help the problem. I'll keep my fingers crossed at least

New interesting oddity. When using any of the speed powers, or when racing the screen gradually starts to vanish behind a wall of yellow lines and multi-colored patches. Again this is something new that never used to occur in the days when I first bought and played the game on this exact same machine. Oddities, seem to abound.

I doubt it has anything to do with the door - it sounds like a bad driver or another graphics error. Do other games work?

I just recently got a new computer with Vista. After going through MUCH grief trying to get the first KotOR to work I gave up and concentrated on getting my older XP computer to run again.

The problem was most likely updated drivers, you need to roll back if you want to play NWN I, Kotor I, or Kotor II. ;)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I just recently got a new computer with Vista. After going through MUCH grief trying to get the first KotOR to work I gave up and concentrated on getting my older XP computer to run again.

The problem was most likely updated drivers, you need to roll back if you want to play NWN I, Kotor I, or Kotor II. :(

That would suck out loud, as then I'd just have to update again for the newer games. I realllllyy prefer PC over platforms, but moments like this I see why some people like them better. Well for the moment I'll just keep both computers running and use XP for those games. Assuming they will even work on that now. Given that I have just got to the dreaded door for the second time and still have the same problem even with the new series of save games. Not to mention the other little issues I am noting, like the screen blurring into obscurity when using any speed powers or racing. I really do not want to retire these games, and yet they are becoming unplayable.