Radeon 48XX coming

mkreku

Holy sh**, fast as hell and accordingly incredibly powerhungry. Though a bit less than 2 HD4870 in crossfire, it seems, and an ominous BIOS upgrade should offer the long hoped for power saving features, esp. in idle mode... In any case, probably nothing for me.

And this review thinks differently
It's not the same card :shrugz:

[edit]

the Techreport preview shows a little strange power readings. The system with one 280 uses 300w, with two 565w. That means one 280 uses 265 w, leaving the rest of the system with 35w. Wtf? :)

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Look at the sound chart, the numbers for 4800 and 4870 are about the same
fastpunk was referring to the 4870x2 that isn't contained in the link you provided. Also, there is no 4800 :(

• 3 weeks later...

It will never come I think, or not with the same computing power anyway, because it draws more power than a whole notebook normally does (including processor, screen, hdd, dvd, graphics etc) :bat:

It will never come I think, or not with the same computing power anyway, because it draws more power than a whole notebook normally does (including processor, screen, hdd, dvd, graphics etc) o:)

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=c...48&Itemid=1

No mobile versions of a GPU has the same computing power as their bigger siblings. It only means they're based on the same core (in this case the RV770), usually in a severely underclocked form.

But samm is right about one thing; these 48XX chips are extremely power-hungry. I wouldn't be surprised if this idea was canned eventually. We'll see.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!