BINK & kotor2 fullscreen vs. window mode

I have a question (I'm sure you get a lot of them heh), I already got used to the fact that the BINK video sometimes work and sometimes don't on VISTA (when I played kotor2 first time they usually worked, and if not, restarting the game did the trick for me, though when I'm playing it 2nd time now, they just don't work at all, but that's ok, I'll try reinstalling the game)

but I found out (by accident) that when I start the game on VISTA it starts in window mode (I know that I just have to change resolution to fix it and run in fullscreen) BUT when I let the game run in window mode, the BINK videos work flawlessly, without any problems and they play instantly, that's awesome

BUT there's a problem, when I play in window mode the cursor is kinda messed up, and when I want to select something (like response in dialogue or action or anything) I have to go beneath the choice, it's like when in dialogue mode you have 4 options and want to choose option no.2, you have to go with cursor over the response no.3 to make the no.2 highlighted and to be able to select it with a mouse

it's not a big deal, but it IS kinda annoying

what I want to ask is if it's possible to somehow fix this cursor issue in window mode, if there is and I just didn't find it, pretty please with sugar on top let me know

if there's not a way to fix, I'll just have to either play without videos or with messed up cursor (or pray that the videos will work at least from time to time after reinstall like before)

thanks ;)

For dialog options, just press the corresponding number on the keyboard :)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

For dialog options, just press the corresponding number on the keyboard :)

:D

ya I'm doing that usually even in fullscreen, the dialogues are not really a problem, but I thought it'd be easier to describe it on the dialogues

it's more of an issue in combat, like switching between different attacks and such when you have to click outside the little window with attacks to switch from flurry to critical strike for example :sorcerer:

Edited by Balerion

I can't post screens now, so I'll try to describe it :)

ok, imagine that you are in combat, the game is paused and you select an opponent. when you select him, that small skill window pops up above his head with those 3 choice to attack: attack, power and grenade

above and under each of these choices you have 2 triangles to browse through different attacks to choose from (power attack, flurry, critical strike for example)

when I want to browse the attacks and choose one, I have to go with the cursor over that 'triangle' button right? normally, you go over it with your cursor, the button gets highlighted, you click left mouse button and browse the skills right?

but in case of window mode, you have to go LOWER to click on something, so when I want to browse the skills, I have to go with the cursor UNDER that button to get it highlighted and be able to click it

so it's like if everything was moved upwards

let's use coordinates:

if you have a button on X:300, Y:200 in fullscreen, you have to go with your cursor to X:300, Y:200 to click it

but in window mode you have to go to X:300, Y:250 to be able to click on the same thing

I hope you get what I mean, it's hard to explain, so try your imagination to help me with the explanation :thumbsup:

Edited by Balerion

You might try downloading the High Defenition Movie-Patch, then resize the movies (if needed) to your screensize/resolution of Kotor2.

Then there is no need for windowed mode at all...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

It's on the Obsidian Main Page, and I thought common know-how, but I guess a link won't hurt:

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_kotor2_downloads.html

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

already tried the HQ Video Patch before, but it didn't help, even with hq videos they don't work properly in fullscreen mode in Vista, though I must say I didn't know you can resize the HQ videos hmmm will have to look into that

hm will try some vista fix I found, though I'm not sure if that's gonna help when I'm already so far in the game, well it's worth a try

EDIT: hm how can you resize them? I don't see anything about resizing in the readme file

Edited by Balerion

Neither, you actually have to resize the files using BINK AND SMACKER (just google it).

Added bonus is they take less space then too.

^