Video Graphics error loading game

I use an nvidia geforce 8800 GTS 640 meg video card, it's currently one of the top end video cards on the market.

I load this game KotoR II and its telling me I don't meet the recommended video requirements for the game and when I try to load it on max settings all the textures are pupre white.

I don't know what the problem could be....I can play any other game I have on max settings! IS there an issue with this video card and this game?

I know there is an issue with the 8800 and 8600, but I cannot remember how to fix it. However, we do have some people who play Kot0R I/II with that card - so maybe they can help you.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I know there is an issue with the 8800 and 8600, but I cannot remember how to fix it. However, we do have some people who play Kot0R I/II with that card - so maybe they can help you.

Can you post a link to a screenshot or something?

EDIT:

Judging by your rough description, I'm thinking this is something I've dealt with myself. Now I don't have a GeForce 8 series card so I'm not totally familiar with the settings in the nVidia Control Panel for this series, but assuming they're roughly the same as the GeForce 7 series, this might help you; see my solution posted in this thread.

Hope this helps!

Edited by ChorusOfOne

Intel Core i5 760 2.8 GHz / MSI P55-CD53 / 8 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series PC10666 1333 MHz DDR3 / MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti Hawk Edition 1 GB

• 2 weeks later...