Why the world continue to militarize

Azarkon

Guest The Architect
If someone enters Hades' house, he WILL shoot them.

Wish I had of known that before I entered his house.

I was like, "Srsly, WTF man? I just wanted to game with you, not the real thing!"

I agree with Walsingham and Azarkon's posts (the later ones, excluding those regarding Tibet/Taiwan) in this thread.

So long as nobody is claiming that we should face these challenges by means of pacifism. Everybody has the right to protect themselves, and often the threat of counter-attack is the only thing which keeps war and bullies at bay.

I agree with the idea that the US is a potential time-bomb if any sort of Hitler-like lunatic figure were to rise with the support of the people. The thing is, so is China (and a few other places). And from my point of view, China is more likely to breed such a figure or mindset than America is (here is where democracy/communism come in - a democracy has more checks and balances in place to prevent such a thing). That's basically the general crux of why I think we should arm ourselves in preparation of a Chinese offensive. It probably (or hopefully) won't happen, but that's not a certainty.

People always bring these arguments back to who has more missiles, but it's a lot more than that; allies, location, will, desperation, need, etc. Especially since you can only have so many missiles before the rest are gravy.

I also agree with, I think it was Xard, who said that the more we integrate China into the world economy and politics, the less room they have to pursue offensive solutions. But by the same token, that could backfire by making China an economic superpower without making it a developed superpower (freedom, human rights, contentment, multiculturalism, etc) - a dire combination, IMHO.

Edited by Krezack

The fact that the US _might_ get taken over by a lunatic can be overstated. Anywhere can be taken over by a lunatic. Democracies are less likely; nothing more. But that does not automatically mean we must cripple the USA. IMO the safe option is no magic wonder theory. It's lots and lots and lots of hard work. It's a daily struggle for probity and integrity in our business, public and personal lives.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

IMO the safe option is no magic wonder theory. It's lots and lots and lots of hard work. It's a daily struggle for probity and integrity in our business, public and personal lives.

I heard a neat term for this recently. I believe it was 'Jeehab' or something like that.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

But by the same token, that could backfire by making China an economic superpower without making it a developed superpower (freedom, human rights, contentment, multiculturalism, etc) - a dire combination, IMHO.

And that is my main concern, right there.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Talking to yourself again Wals? ^_^

Nah, just to you, mate. :wowey:

-Elwood Blues

Dressed like that?!?! :ermm:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

The average IQ of this thread has been lowered to the point where I now feel confident enough to post in it.

4 real?

I admit I won't think its funny when the second cold war comes on quite strong with a new soviet order and an allied china. COLD WAR II

We need to reject China and Russia. Russia has always been a harsh nation from the Czars to Stalin and even today with their "democracy". Though not officially confirmed, Russia has been beleived to be breaking international pacts and treaties with tests and developments of weapons of mass destruction. (The U.S. is known to still mantain its stockpile and is even upgrading its nuclear arsenal.) NEW NUKES The U.S. needs to reafirm its postition as global leader by stabalizing the U.N. and calling for the Europeans to action, who are enjoying paradise with their EU and no major wars since WWII. Iran, Cuba, Iraq, Afganistan? The threat is Russia. The second major power is China. Who is weak? The U.S. Who lets the innocents die with not even condemnation? The U.S. Who no longer calls for inaction? The U.S. Who not only lets its country decay and fall behind "3rd world nations" on health care and other domestic issues? The U.S. Who has an incompetent leader? The U.S. Who allows China and Russia to go unchecked, funding, supporting terrorists, becoming economic tyrants? The USA. Who is letting their economy fall to deficit, inflation, outsoursing, over importing unsafe goods, and commiting suicide internationaly? The U.S. Today we are. Hopefully 2009 brings better fortune. Russia and/or China will challenge U.S. authority. UN authroity. The right to freedom and capitalism (with all its faults) will be challenged. A new age is beginning. The Second Cold War has begun. Likely you, your children, or your grandchildren will fight against China/Russia. Economically, Militarily, Politicaly, or by other means. The war has begun.

Who will stand? The only strong nation in the world is Israel. And look at them. Caught in a massive holy war since biblical times, poor guys. They fight for right and anyone who says otherwise has a terrorist complex :) and needs to see a shrink. The reasons why Europe lost the first series of real world wars (Crusades) is because the damn muslims are too well trained. The christians did not commit barbaric atrocity. The muslims murdered innocent jews, chrisitans, pagans and more so we responded in the MIddle Ages with Crusades to reclaim the holy land for peace. After our defeat, they stepped up with Jihad attacks. They think Allah is true and think they shall get virgins for murder. It is not war. It is killing innocents. They are cowards. Any muslims, russians, or chinese extremists who think they have power by murder and games (cold war) are true cowards. They're promises are false. Their people must open their eyes and begin the revolution! Under democracy, they could florurish! We could all live in peace. When we got tired of living together someone can blast off to another planet (By 2100 this may be very possible). I admire bush for his attemts, but Iraq is pointless now, similar to Vietnam (PS Reagan was the worst "good" president ever, terrible ****) REAGANS AN **** The world's militaryization is haywire fear and umbrellas (if u know what I mean). We must stop inaction, on the US and European part, as well as our other good allies out there. 13122692_fbd3200bbc.jpg

:ermm:

Twitter | @Insevin

Russia and/or China will challenge U.S. authority. UN authroity.

Actually, the US & NATO just defied UN resolution 1244, and Russia is pissed. If there really is going to be a Second Cold War, then we've fired the first shot.

No.... The cold war didnt even quite end. New tensions have been up since they started their defiances. US didnt defy them first!

Twitter | @Insevin

Well, if you go back far enough, back to World War 2, the US most certainly planted the seeds of the Cold War with the creation of the atomic bomb. As for Israel, it is the fault of the US and Britain why their is so much conflict in the Middle East over Israel. If Israel was cut from the lands of German and Italy, the Axis powers of Europe that caused World War 2 instead I don't thikn we would have as much conflict in the Middle East as we do now.

Edited by Sand

No.... The cold war didnt even quite end. New tensions have been up since they started their defiances. US didnt defy them first!

The Cold War ended with the collapse of the USSR and the fall of Communism. Putin is a whole new breed of Russian politicians, one that doesn't care all that much about ideology but is very much concerned about Slavic territorial integrity.

There are doors

If you want to go that route it is a war that the Israelis started. They abandoned Israel to go into Egypt and when Egypt was intolerable they left to go back to Israel, killing those who took up residence in their absence. Personally, I rather stick to recent history.

'I admit I won't think its funny when the second cold war comes on quite strong with a new soviet order and an allied china.'

'The U.S. needs to reafirm its postition as global leader'

'(europe) are enjoying paradise with their EU'

'The only strong nation in the world is Israel.'

'The reasons why Europe lost the first series of real world wars (Crusades) is because the damn muslims are too well trained.'

'The christians did not commit barbaric atrocity.'

'The muslims murdered innocent jews, chrisitans, pagans and more so we responded in the MIddle Ages with Crusades to reclaim the holy land for peace.'

'After our defeat, they stepped up with Jihad attacks.'

'They think Allah is true and think they shall get virgins for murder.'

'It is not war. It is killing innocents. They are cowards.'

'Under democracy, they could florurish! We could all live in peace.'

rofl

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

This isn't some joke. For your disrespect, I will reinterete. If somebody has something intellegent to say instead of stupid idiotic trash, come back, other wise shove your dissin head in Russia's nuclear sludge moron. Israel belongeds to Jews. The jews were enslaved and sent to egypt. With the prophet Moses they returned to their holy land which had been filled with pagans and sinners and retook it. Since then the Jews defended themselves in a non-stop holy war. I'm not a Jew but Israel hasn't existed just since 1948 and I'll be damned to hear otherwise. I'm sure Xard or Darth Hades would be happy to oblige. :bat:

I admit I won't think its funny when the second cold war comes on quite strong with a new soviet order and an allied china. COLD WAR II

We need to reject China and Russia. Russia has always been a harsh nation from the Czars to Stalin and even today with their "democracy". Though not officially confirmed, Russia has been beleived to be breaking international pacts and treaties with tests and developments of weapons of mass destruction. (The U.S. is known to still mantain its stockpile and is even upgrading its nuclear arsenal.) NEW NUKES The U.S. needs to reafirm its postition as global leader by stabalizing the U.N. and calling for the Europeans to action, who are enjoying paradise with their EU and no major wars since WWII. Iran, Cuba, Iraq, Afganistan? The threat is Russia. The second major power is China. Who is weak? The U.S. Who lets the innocents die with not even condemnation? The U.S. Who no longer calls for inaction? The U.S. Who not only lets its country decay and fall behind "3rd world nations" on health care and other domestic issues? The U.S. Who has an incompetent leader? The U.S. Who allows China and Russia to go unchecked, funding, supporting terrorists, becoming economic tyrants? The USA. Who is letting their economy fall to deficit, inflation, outsoursing, over importing unsafe goods, and commiting suicide internationaly? The U.S. Today we are. Hopefully 2009 brings better fortune. Russia and/or China will challenge U.S. authority. UN authroity. The right to freedom and capitalism (with all its faults) will be challenged. A new age is beginning. The Second Cold War has begun. Likely you, your children, or your grandchildren will fight against China/Russia. Economically, Militarily, Politicaly, or by other means. The war has begun.

Who will stand? The only strong nation in the world is Israel. And look at them. Caught in a massive holy war since biblical times, poor guys. They fight for right and anyone who says otherwise has a terrorist complex :bat: and needs to see a shrink. The reasons why Europe lost the first series of real world wars (Crusades) is because the damn muslims are too well trained. The christians did not commit barbaric atrocity. The muslims murdered innocent jews, chrisitans, pagans and more so we responded in the MIddle Ages with Crusades to reclaim the holy land for peace. After our defeat, they stepped up with Jihad attacks. They think Allah is true and think they shall get virgins for murder. It is not war. It is killing innocents. They are cowards. Any muslims, russians, or chinese extremists who think they have power by murder and games (cold war) are true cowards. They're promises are false. Their people must open their eyes and begin the revolution! Under democracy, they could florurish! We could all live in peace. When we got tired of living together someone can blast off to another planet (By 2100 this may be very possible). I admire bush for his attemts, but Iraq is pointless now, similar to Vietnam (PS Reagan was the worst "good" president ever, terrible ****) REAGANS AN **** The world's militaryization is haywire fear and umbrellas (if u know what I mean). We must stop inaction, on the US and European part, as well as our other good allies out there. 13122692_fbd3200bbc.jpg

:thumbsup:

Twitter | @Insevin

Who will stand? The only strong nation in the world is Israel. And look at them. Caught in a massive holy war since biblical times, poor guys. They fight for right and anyone who says otherwise has a terrorist complex :bat: and needs to see a shrink. The reasons why Europe lost the first series of real world wars (Crusades) is because the damn muslims are too well trained. The christians did not commit barbaric atrocity. The muslims murdered innocent jews, chrisitans, pagans and more so we responded in the MIddle Ages with Crusades to reclaim the holy land for peace. After our defeat, they stepped up with Jihad attacks. They think Allah is true and think they shall get virgins for murder. It is not war. It is killing innocents. They are cowards. Any muslims, russians, or chinese extremists who think they have power by murder and games (cold war) are true cowards. They're promises are false. Their people must open their eyes and begin the revolution! Under democracy, they could florurish! We could all live in peace. When we got tired of living together someone can blast off to another planet (By 2100 this may be very possible). I admire bush for his attemts, but Iraq is pointless now, similar to Vietnam (PS Reagan was the worst "good" president ever, terrible ****) REAGANS AN **** The world's militaryization is haywire fear and umbrellas (if u know what I mean). We must stop inaction, on the US and European part, as well as our other good allies out there. 13122692_fbd3200bbc.jpg

:thumbsup:

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)