Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

Humodour

So pretty much half of the people here on these forums have some sort of brain dysfunction? I always suspected as much. >_<

Hee hee :*

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Guest The Architect

Hmm, time for my self diagnosis of NPD then...

1. I'm better than you all.

2. I'm living the dream.

3. I'm not shy, you're just not worth my time or breath.

4. Am I just brilliant or what? Well?

5. I demand satisfaction!

6. I like my best friend. He gives me lots of money.

7. Don't talk to me, I don't want to hear your petty troubles.

8. You're all just jealous of me. Wankers.

9. A lot of people would be afraid to fight against eight guys on their own, but I wouldn't be!

No I'm fine, it was just a false alarm.

Thought this was worth a chuckle or few as I can identify with most of these...

Adult vs. childhood ADD / ADHD

The symptoms of ADD / ADHD change as someone with ADD / ADHD develops from a child into a teenager and then into an adult. While the core problems of hyperactivity, impulsiveness, and inattentiveness remain the same, the specific symptoms manifest differently. Typically, the symptoms of hyperactivity decrease and become more subtle, while problems related to concentration and organization become more dominant.

Hyperactivity in adults:

* inability to relax

* restlessness, nervous energy

* talking excessively

Impulsiveness in adults:

* volatile moods

* blurting out rude or insulting remarks

* interrupting others

Inattentiveness in adults:

Edited by tarna

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Ah crud. That list - like only 2 things on it DIDN'T apply to me - namely excessive talking (mostly under control unless I've had alcohol) and inability to read (I'll never put down a good book... literally, I stay up transfixed on it till I either fall asleep or finish it, if it's even slightly good - hyperfocus at work I guess). All the positives describe me to a tee, aswell.

Edited by Krezack

Hyperactivity in adults:

* inability to relax

* restlessness, nervous energy

* talking excessively

Impulsiveness in adults:

* volatile moods

* blurting out rude or insulting remarks

* interrupting others

Inattentiveness in adults:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.