I can not move in game, help!

Hi.

I first had problems with installation, because the CD was scratched, this was solved by getting a new CD. But my next problem, is very frustrating, and I suspect it is a script error.

When I first begin to play, the intro movie goes fine (except for some jumpy-lag that can't be helped), and the game begins. At fist, everything seems to go fine. Except for moving. I tried pressing forward, backwards, ect. The result was my character moving around in a circle, stuck in a movement animation frame. Once I release, they stop, returning to a standing animation. After that, they will not respond to any movement command.

All of the other keys and options work fine, but movement is disabled completely.

I have tried skipping the prologue, but that does not work.

I have tried changing the movement keys, and it does not change anything.

I would appreciate some help, because I just want to play the stupid game, but I can't, because one thing after another seems to wrong with it.

I have found that if I am able to click on something (i.e. a canister, a door, a control panel, etc.) My character moves just fine towards the selected object, and the frames seem to reset, that is, it stops lagging for a moment, and movement is restored. But once I start moving again, it just freaks out at me, and does the same thing.

It sounds like you're not getting sufficient frames per second.

If this is on the PC, then it might be that your video card is not up to scratch. Click on "start", then "run", and type in "dxdiag". Then click on the display tab, and let us know the name, chip type, and total video memory that appears in the device sub-heading.

manthing2.jpg

Does it happen in a smoke-filled room? That's when something like that happens to me

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Does it happen in a smoke-filled room? That's when something like that happens to me

Em, no. But it doesn't help. If my graphics are a bit jumpy, then the movement will not work. However, if the graphics are running smoothly, then it works fine for about 2 seconds.

It sounds like you're not getting sufficient frames per second.

If this is on the PC, then it might be that your video card is not up to scratch. Click on "start", then "run", and type in "dxdiag". Then click on the display tab, and let us know the name, chip type, and total video memory that appears in the device sub-heading.

I was actually wondering if updating my graphics driver would solve the problem. Ok, here it is:

The info I found in there goes as follows:

Device:

Name: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip Type: ATI display adapter (0X5955)

DAC Type: Internal DAC (400MHz)

Approx. Total Memory: 128.0 MB (This is only because this amount was dedicated from my physical memory RAM)

Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Generic Television

Drivers:

Main Driver: ati2dvag.dll

Version: 6.14.0010.6539 (English)

Date: 4/11/2005 06:34:12

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys

VDD: n/a

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

There. What do you make of that?

Edited by Razer Rage

It looks like you're trying to run the game on a laptop PC, which causes a lot of problems and I don't think is actually supported. You could try going to the Can I Run It? site and see what it says about your graphics card - it will compare it with official minimum requirements for the game - just choose Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II from the list. :thumbsup:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Ah, no. It meets the requirements for everything EXCEPT my video card.

Minimum: 32 MB OpenGL 1.4 compliant AGP or PCX 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability required.

You Have: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M (ATI display adapter (0x5955))

FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement.

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 128.0 MB

Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video HW Rasterization: Required - yes , You have - Yes

Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

It looks like I met all of the video card features requirements. Yet it says I fail. Would updating the drivers fix this? What can I do?

Edited by Razer Rage

If your card doesn't meet the official minimum requirements for the game, there's not a lot you can do except get a new video card. I've never owned a laptop, so I don't know how easy it is to do that - is there space? For a desktop PC, very cheap budget video cards will now play Kotor 2 quite well. I don't think that just updating the drivers would make any difference, but you could try.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)