The Witcher Revisited

Tigranes

I think it would be unfair to give up on the Witcher that early, theslug. Also, you will totally find that your particular annoyance by and large disappears once you leave the castle (which, once you make the potion, is very very soon). You will still find that some enemies are more conducive to certain styles, but that is only natural; otherwise it would make the fights less realistic and more boring. But it's certainly not as extreme as in the prologue, and you will soon get the hang of it I think.

I played through Chapter 4 quite quickly, fairly enjoyable. Perhaps because of the broken dialogue, the whole game I've felt like the story isn't taking front seat and centre in the game, but rather runs along with you as an implied background thing - I think it is due largely to the translation blunders.

I'm taking a break for a few days again because this *is* a long game, and I understand Chapter 5 is the last. It's been quite an excellent game, though no groundbreaking elements, and I should think that it has a fitting ending.

It's generally a good idea to install 1eyedking's awesome dialogue mod, which brings the full unedited dialogue back. The voice-overs will be the same obviously, but the text is the original translation. Everything makes a lot more sense after that. It also adds a fair bit of swearing and funny metaphors, talking to Thaler will be a joy, heh.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah I got out of the castle and began an aimless trek towards Vizima or w/e its called. I saved some dwarf that I apparently used to know and I fist fought people for monies. I'm going to go to the city first before trying to finish the quests I already have.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Yeah, I didn't find out about the mod Mus links to until I was in chapter 4, so I'll try it when I replay the game at some point.

I tried it and everyone was muted just subtitles. So i had to turn it back to default. :(

Edit: I did get a sex card with the one red head chick. with the fat cat it was awesome

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I I don't like how I HAVE to use strong attacks vs big guys and fast attacks vs agile characters.

You don't. I use fast styles almost exculsively. Hitting the little bouncing guys with a honking big swing can be pretty difficult though, if you want to go the other way instead.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It's generally a good idea to install 1eyedking's awesome dialogue mod, which brings the full unedited dialogue back. The voice-overs will be the same obviously, but the text is the original translation. Everything makes a lot more sense after that. It also adds a fair bit of swearing and funny metaphors, talking to Thaler will be a joy, heh.

^Also, kids: Remember to play with the hot coffee mod for TEH REAL witcher experience!1

Yay for b00bies!1 :aiee:

...and then some. :brows:

manthing2.jpg

I had sexual relations with Vesna lol. The ol' people mistaking hard witcher sex for haunted mill sounds. Good stuff. I also love the random "Your mother sucks dwarf rooster." every now and then.

I still haven't entered the first city yet just trying to get all my quests done outside first.

I had sexual relations with Vesna lol.

ZOMG - impeach him!1

--

Vesna actually had the biggest pair of uh, bar-maid aprons in the game. Of course to fully appreciate the uh, texture of the materials, you would need the European version or requisite substitute thereof.

manthing2.jpg

I have a question on weapons, particularly the Witcher sword. Does this sword stay with you like forever, so should I be using all these goose fats and nonesense making it epic or what? Also when will I get a silver sword? I'm at the point where I'm fighting The Beast and he just killed me but I'm sure I can take him once I load it up again, it's just this move he does where he like "blinds" me I guess and I just sit there cannot do anything and I just get literally mauled to death.

You'll have both the steel and silver sword. Oils and whet/grindstones are temporary bonuses. You can't even improve the sword with anything permanent until the next act.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Wow. I just got murdered even worse the first time I fought. First load I accidentally ran into the fire and was quickly cornered and raped. Second time Abigal got killed in about 5 seconds.

Is there a potion I should be using before hand to counter this thing or what because as of now I don't really think I can win because I don't have my group style upgraded at all, just my fast attack which doesn't stop him from doing that gay move to me.

Is there a potion I should be using before hand to counter this thing or what because as of now I don't really think I can win because I don't have my group style upgraded at all, just my fast attack which doesn't stop him from doing that gay move to me.

Drink a potion of Swallow before the fight (1xvitriol, 1xaether, 2x rebris, 1xstrong/hight qual alcohol), and drink a potion of Blzzard during the fight (2xvitriol, 2xrebris, 1xstrong/high alcohol).

manthing2.jpg

Hopefully you have some upgrades to Aard which make it stun. You can kill in one-hit a stunned enemy.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

^Aard was my main power in my game. It's awesome. Stun + 1 Shot Finishing Move = Dead. It has about the same level of consistency as a Warlock's eldritch blast. Late in teh game, a fully upgraded Quen is unstoppable against boss battles though (its very similar to a fully upgraded Immunity in ME).

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

omg :) :'(

I'm having so much trouble with this fight. It's the hardest yet. The last load I did pretty good though. I used force push to get the dogs off of her and I had that blizzard potion which helped but at the same time didn't becuase everything was crazy slow and I'm still not used to the upgraded fast style. Should I use strong style against the dog or what?

Edit: If I do aard or w/e and they go to the ground does that mean they are stunned and liable to get one hit killed? Because I knocked him down once or twice and also do I just have to regular click to one hit kill them like that or is there some secret buttun sequence that I'm not aware of? :'(

Edited by theslug

im using swallow and blizzard every time but I just can't seem to kill him. He keeps doing that freakin bite move where I'm stunned for like 50 minutes. I have pretty good evasion and stuff too I just don't understand why I keep dying.

Forget about using Group style on the little dogs, and concentrate using Strong style on teh Big Dog.

Also: It looks like you might need to use Thunderbolt as well (1X vitriol, hydragenum, rebris; 2x vermillion, 1x strong/high alcohol).

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

Remember that Fast Style also blocks faster, it might be good idea to just keep pummeling the Hellhound with Fast Style and changing to Group Style when barghests come a-hounding. Just don't ever change the target, Group Style takes care of killing the dogs around you, you should concentrate on the big one. Remember to no never change the target, the point of Group Style is that you can swing to abandon and don't have to care about changing targets.

Also, Abigail is immortal in this battle, don't mind her falling down.

Also, use all potions you can before the combat and add Specter oil(or whatever the anti-ghost oil is named, you can learn the recipe from Abigail) to your Witcher sword.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The Beast is a tough battle. I've replayed it a bunch of times looking for a trick and haven't really found one.

SOme general thoughts on the battle:

Point 1) Use Aard sign. If you use it enough, you can eventually get a stun and that's it battle over. You just need to stay alive long enough to get that to happen.

Point 2) Take Buzz with one of your bronze talents. It makes you immune to pain which is one of the beast's special attacks. Of course you have to be drunk for it to work, which brings its own problems. Fighting that battle after Geralt drinks a couple bottles of Vodka on the fly is a very strange experience.

Point 3) Fight it straight up using swallow and blizzard. Make sure you use specter oil on your sword. The trick is to keep clearing out the barghasts as the beast summons them in otherwise they will overwhelm you. Yu can absorb the beasts special attakcs IF yo don't have a bunch of barghasts ripping at you at the same time. I think Fast Style works better on the beast. You wil probably also have to use a WHite Honey and second blizzard. Thunderbolt is also helpfu.

Point 4) Don't run into the surrounding fire wall or you will take incineration damage.

Point 5) Abigail will heal you while you fight if she is alive and/or conscious

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Yeah I got way too destroyed so I went to an earlier load and am now in the process of going to farm drowners and hounds until I level up again in which I suppose I'll get that pain thing and get stun for aard since I haven't upgraded it at all.

I'm back in the cave and about to go on another attempt. I upgraded my Ard spell so I now have knock down and stun.

Thank the lord I won and I was about to get into Vizima and the game crashed. Either way I'm still confused. I hit him with like 2 or 3 ard signs and hit him a few times with my fast style. I was at about like 25% health and ran away with about 0 endurance or w/e so I popped a potion and I hit him with one more ard sign. Ran away again and was about to reload again when I did one fast style and he just fell over dead.

Edited by theslug