Microsoft sucks

theslug

Ok. I'm trying to make a network for my xbox 360 and my pc. In order to do so you need Windows Media Center 2005. I do what they say, xbox.com/pcsetup. I go to download media center and it says I already have it and I should download the updates and rollback or w/e. I try to install them and it says I don't have Media center. I've been looking for downloads but it's just a mess. And I hate microsoft. Hate 'em. Please help me. :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

You could only get Media Center Edition of Windows installed on computers from Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. It is not an OS you can buy at the store like the other Windows OSs. Now that Vista is here, it replaces that. MCE was nothing more than a dressed up XP Pro OS for computers that would be used for playing DVD movies, music and so forth.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Ok. I'm trying to make a network for my xbox 360 and my pc. In order to do so you need Windows Media Center 2005. I do what they say, xbox.com/pcsetup. I go to download media center and it says I already have it and I should download the updates and rollback or w/e. I try to install them and it says I don't have Media center. I've been looking for downloads but it's just a mess. And I hate microsoft. Hate 'em. Please help me. :'(

For non-media center PC's with WinXP Home or Pro, you need to download a little piece of malware from Microsoft called Zune. Zune sets up the streaming services required to stream media from your PC to your 360. You need to import your media files into Zune's library in order to be able to stream them. Once you have Zune up and running, fire up your 360, tell it that you already have your PC configured, and it should start searching your network. My 360 shows two versions of my Windows XP accounts. One version has the pink Zune icon next to it, select it and you should be good to go.

Actually, CPU brand has a bit to do with it, too ... Intel's is locked down tight with Rights Management, whereas AMD has left their products open (to be used with other OSes, for example, like *nix), so that an AMD system can be configured to stream multimedia around a site via any "toasternet" equipment, such as any old router not purchased specially for Windows-Centrino compatibility.

:p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT