Games For A Laptop

WITHTEETH

Laptops are generally slower then Desktops, and I have a laptop now too. I was looking at my game collection and noticed barely any og my games will play on my laptop.

Here are my specs

Dell 610 Latitude

Windows XP Professional

1.73 Pentium M

1 Gig Ram

X300 ATI Radeon Integrated GPU

Sigma-Tel Integrated Sound

I also got rid of all of the bloatware preinstalled.

Maybe Ill Get a cheap Audigy Express Card but other then that there are no upgrades forthis machine, unless i bought a 7,200 RPM Harddrive. Its not 733t but its what i got for $375 Dollars. (btw the americna dollar equals canada's dollar, first time in over 35 years)

Anyway my question is what games would you guys recommend for a laptop wih these specs? I have Max Payne and Return to Castle Wolfenstien and surprisingly they both work great!

I just hope I can get Unreal 2004 on here!!!

I like FPS, Adventure games.

Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

UT2004 should run great. Of course, it depends on the screen's size, but you should be fine. My guess is that any game made in 2004 and before should run fine and dandy on that laptop.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Quake 3 will also work :woot:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Quake 3 Runs great, UT2004 Does also, even online, Im surprised!

SCUMMVM sounds like a good site. I use to own all the KQ games, and GK, guess i use to be a real Sierra Games nut. maybe ill check the new kings quest remake out soon!

Myspace Website!

My rig

Quake 3 Runs great, UT2004 Does also, even online, Im surprised!

SCUMMVM sounds like a good site. I use to own all the KQ games, and GK, guess i use to be a real Sierra Games nut. maybe ill check the new kings quest remake out soon!

It's not a site so much as an application that runs a lot of adventure games on modern computers with slightly enhanced graphics. All the Lucasarts games are supported and some of the early AGI Sierra games but unfortunately Gabriel Knight is not supported yet and probably won't be until an enormous amount of work is done.

I have System SHock 2, the CD, not pirated and i i couldn't really get into it yet. Sometimes i just have to come back to a game later though. At first i didn't like KoTOR1 and after i got into it became one of my favorite games along with WarcraftIII, but the Frozen THrones Expansion i didn''t finish... I think it was because they cut the cinematic cut scenes out of it.

Myspace Website!

My rig