Mass Effect hands-on impressions at E3

Hey ****s, lookitthispurveiw!

Engine looks impressive, at least. And character creation looks promising, if you want to be an old man.

omg thank you so much :thumbsup:))))))

only a minute or two in and they are bashing oblivion rofl good stuff

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I've been worried about the combat since I first started checking out this game and this didn't help much. The aiming seems a little clunky perhaps? And multiple small skirmishes and having to continually pause and set up your guys might be a little frustrating. However I tend to view rpg's more for their story and with dialouge trees and a giant universe with insanely different outcomes with multiple play throughs, I think this game might win pretty hard.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

The characters in Mass Effect look absolutely amazing! But yeah, the combat looks weak and the dialogue system could as easily be a failure as a complete success. We'll see.

But it really is a rip-off of Star Wars/KotOR. Even the sounds are (almost) exactly the same. I'm beginning to think they recycled a few art designs..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!