Could you mention Superman in a Spiderman comic?

Kaftan Barlast

You're such a liar Surreptishus, there is no way Houdini could have fit into Clark Kents underpants.

I think that whoever invented having magic in superhero comics should have been shot in the face.

but... Zatanna!

Its still gay. Magic is for elves and other sissies.

Not a Star Wars fan?

The force is tiny bacteria in your blood, not magic. Phh....

I don't think the point of midichlorians was meant so that they were themselves the force. Instead, they were probably meant to establish the link between people and manipulating the force.

Either way, it's still magic.

It depends

Lucas Day 1: "Yeah these michrocreature thingies called midichlorians are the force itself"

Lucas Day 2: "Oh just forget about it. Truly midichlorians doesn't have anything to do with Force, it is still mystery"

Lucas Day 3: "Umm... actually Midichlorians ain't the force but they make it possible to connect with the Force, you know"

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Either way, it's still magic.

It totally is not. Do you see Darth vader go "Abra-kadabra simsalabimsaladusalim!" when he forcechokes someone? Do you see Luke Skywalker collecting batwings to brew a force-potion? Does Obi-Wan kenobi need a wand to forcepush people? No, they dont, the force is quasi-philosophy mixed with extra-sensory perception and telekinesis... and the occasional force lighting

Let's face it, magic is totally and utterly gay. I mean, Ms. Marvel threw a damn cat at The Traveller in order to defat him, what does that say about the coolness of magic? The Punisher is a thousand times more wickid than Dr. Strange and all he has is guns.

Are you saying that the definition of magic requires it to have a verbal or material component? There are ways to eliminate even that in D&D. Does it become superpowers then? Or just psychic powers? I guess they're using superpowers in the majority of final fantasy games when they cast Thundara. Heck, Final Fantasy VII meets that quasi-philosophy component as well. It's not "magic" it's the spirits of the dead!

It's all the same thing. In D&D, much of the "magic" is gifts granted by the gods. In fact, that's a very much traditional origin of magic. In Star Wars, the gods have become "the force" and the powers the Jedi wield are the gifts of that.

Same thing, different setting.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."