The Secret World

Some thoughts...

Funcom has a bad record of quality MMO releases. AoC is JUST now getting to what was expected on release over a year ago. And I heard Anarchy Online took about as long as well to get to a full content, stable, playable condition. So while I love the concept I certainly wouldn't jump in head first without looking. I'd deff wait a month or two after release and see what kind of feedback it gets.

Speaking of content... this seems like a very poorly veiled rip off of the Witchcraft RPG setting.. and I mean poorly veiled. Which in of itself is a great and interesting setting/game but just seems to me they robbed the concept of that RPG blind with this MMORPG.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

At the end of the Quiz :p

Templars:

War on Evil, Private Armies, Members of Parliments and Royal Houses, Least secret of secretive organisations

Illuminati:

Ruthless, Party Chaser, Corporate Big Shot, Everything and Anything for Power

Dragon:

Secretive, Under estimated and unknown, String Pullers and Behind the scene controllers. Curious, manupulative and hidden in shadows

Edited by cronicler

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

I am not informed beyond generic tidbits but it seems this will be an "Supernatural & Urban" setting. I hope it will be somewhat akin to "World of Darkness" instead of Twilight / Buffy'esque settings.

I don't have much info on the factions beyond what I read about them in the test (a pharagraph or two worth of text for each faction)

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

Don't even put Buffy in the same post with Twilight, you risk unleashing forces that are unfathomable to the likes of you and I.

Maybe it will be the same Twin World scenario, but the barrier is so weak that bits are leaking through?

Edited by Purkake

Templars? Illuminati?

-1000 Enthusiasm.

Well if they used some total fictitious groups you'd be all moaning how its supposed to be a parallel world to our own but can't make any associations with them. Bottom line its supposed to me a darker mirror to our own (WoD anyone?) thus makes sense to use existing places, groups and people either present or from the past.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

That reminds me - I really should replay Dreamfall.

That reminds me, the hot dragon chick was a potentially interesting character,

too bad she just randomly died

That, like the rest of the game, was quite unclear. People are still speculating about it on the official DF-forums.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.