Forget the monitor

Cantousent

Well my new 58" Plasma arrived today, so I set it up and hooked up the 360. And was in awe

Are you a pimp, or possibly some kind of drug lord? Mafia crime boss maybe? WTF do you get the money for all this stuff? :)

• 1 month later...

I decided against the TV for now. Here's why. I don't watch tv. I watch dvds every now and again, but even then I tend to play video games at the same time. The only show I actually watch are old tv shows transfered to dvd format. Those really don't need hdtv.

When I was set to get an xbox 360, it was an option. Now, however, I've decided to wait to see who wins the HDDVD/blue ray wars. If the xbox 360 comes out with an HDDVD option in the actual case, I'll buy one and then it will be time to get a better tv. As it stands now, I just don't see it. Instead, I opted for a monitor, which was about $500-700 less than the TVs I was thinking of buying.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

tvs have actually gone back up in price lately. at least, the tv i pointed out a few months ago is now sitting at almost $1900, and it actually hit a low of around $1600 a while back. not sure why.

anyway, plasma at 7000 feet is not a good idea. sure, they've gotten many of them to work at altitude, but they're much hotter, which means a much shorter lifespan. so my other option is standard LCD, which is still expensive for the larger sizes, or rear projection. the RP model i'm scoping still wins on picture quality, 6 months maybe before i buy it. need a couch first.

taks

comrade taks... just because.