Moving problem

I just got this game and installed it. When playing through Peragus, my character will have movement problems occasionally. At first, my character would "teleport" around some of the rooms. But then it got worse and now I am unable to move at all. Once or twice, my character would be able to spin around in place but then it would stop. Sometimes the character will turn black or slightly black and lose all features or occasionally turn orange-red.

I saw one of the other threads had this solution: adding Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 to the .ini file. I did this and was able to play much more of the game than before.

Here's how it's gone down:

Install game and update.

Play - found problem and searched forums.

Reinstalled and patched.

Updated video card driver.

Added Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1.

Play - got much further in Peragus but movement problem is still there.

Hardware:

Win XP SP1

AMD 3800 X2

1 gig RAM

GF 7600GT 256MB

Creative Live

Can anyone assist me?

Might have more luck in Skeeter's Junkyard ...

FWIIW I can't diagnose a cause from your description.

What is your hardware setup? Specifically GPU ... then it would be handy to know your OS and driver levels. =]

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Might have more luck in Skeeter's Junkyard ...

FWIIW I can't diagnose a cause from your description.

What is your hardware setup? Specifically GPU ... then it would be handy to know your OS and driver levels. =]

I actually figured it out somewhere else after about another hour of searching. Frustrating as hell honestly but alas. The problem mainly stems from the fact my processor is dual core. Something I would have never thought of since the problem appeared to be graphical in nature.

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?th...869&start=0

Emkay1001, Date Posted: Nov 21, 2006 03:54 AM

Dual core's have had a history of having more problems with the game, on average.

Did that given solution work for you, out of curiosity? It's a good reference link, thanks. Lots of good info on those forums; wish their search still worked.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The only time I have a movement problem is during the super-heated tunnel where you have to equip the mining shield... Usually saving the game a few times when I stop moving does the trick for me. Save, exit, restart, load, move, repeat until out of that area.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Dual core's have had a history of having more problems with the game, on average.

Did that given solution work for you, out of curiosity? It's a good reference link, thanks. Lots of good info on those forums; wish their search still worked.

I haven't had any problems since. My only problem now is that I manually have to maximize the window each time I load the game but that's nothing compared to my previous problem.