How safe are stat cheats?

I want to revise my character mid game, but I know that in some games, using the console to do that permanently screws the game up. And I've encountered more than my fair share of bugs so far, I don't wnat to take any chances. Are there any cheats that I need to beware of, or are most of them safe for the most part?

They work fine, remeber you still get stat increases with levels so you might end up being too uber which will destroy your enjoyment of the game.

Alright great, thanks. And I just plan on switching my stats around, not giving myself anymore than I should have, so it shouldn't be much of a problem. Unless I can only raise stats, and not lower them as well.

I am pretty sure putting your stats too high can cause issues with the alignment of your teammates...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I want to revise my character mid game, but I know that in some games, using the console to do that permanently screws the game up. And I've encountered more than my fair share of bugs so far, I don't wnat to take any chances. Are there any cheats that I need to beware of, or are most of them safe for the most part?

One of my fav was to boost the time of powers like Speed, Aura and so on from 20 secs to 45 secs so that I didn't have to cast them so much. (this change required more than just a stat boost, I had to modify and recompile the force powers files).

You will find that there are many small changes you can make, I always play through normally to the games end -or twice in the case of different light and dark endings- before making any changes, that will do nothing to the story and include some more challenging changes that will help keep a balance. If you are at odds with what you can do to make things harder you can just add a hardcore mod. So you will find that you have a good number of options that are fine. Just don't over do them and make the least number of changes needed. Nearly all combat variables -and skills- are safe.