Revan's tactical prowess?

Guest The Architect

LOL I understand. We could go round and round on this one. But it's interesting at least.

Yeah, the situation helps determine the winner at times, but typically the person who makes the best decisions wins.

Malak is portrayed as relying on overwhelming numbers and brute force. Revan did this as well, but also relied on more subtle methods; feigning attacks, sacrificing planets he didn't need, thinking three of four steps ahead of his enemies.

Had malak won the final confrontation with revan, and defeated the republic, he would have been seen as a military genius. Unfortunately, the folks who don't win wars usually don't get such good pub. I think only Robert E Lee and Rommel are exceptions to that rule.

Had malak won the final confrontation with revan, and defeated the republic, he would have been seen as a military genius. Unfortunately, the folks who don't win wars usually don't get such good pub. I think only Robert E Lee and Rommel are exceptions to that rule.

I think people would've recognized that he had far superior (at least numerical) forces rather than claiming he was a military genius.. Especially since his tactics were simple and crude.. He would be seen as a strong leader, but not an intelligent one..

Fortune favors the bald.