Crysis

metadigital

It wants me to register. bleah.

ANyway, I am looking forward to seeing what Crysis has to offer when it ships. If crytek can take Far Cry and just make it a bit more interesting with a little character development and some inventory stuff, I would probably really enjoy it.

I actually almost finished Far Cry which rarely happens to me with FPS games. So that's a big plus right there.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

• upgradeable nanosuit that allows for RPG-like ability modification (in real time, and for any period of time, so dial up strength if you're out of ammo and bludgeon the enemy, or dial up speed and run away, or dial up amour and buy some extra time, etc) breather pack, gravity boots, exoskeleton, regeneration, and stealth options, etc etc;
  • weapon is totally modable, and has some cool new Tactical Ammo ("Tac")ammo that has a delayed effect (for optimum stealth: shoot the grunt and watch him walk into cover and fall over, hidden) and incendiary rounds, etc
  • enemies are North Coreans (first) and then Aliens (second).
  • multiple paths to solve problems
  • fully destructible environments (trees, vehicles that react to the placement of the shot: petrol tank, wheel, etc)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

For what they are putting into the game DX10 is really needed to pull it all off, unless you have some major DX9 hardware.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

What Ive seen of Crysis really made my jaw drop. It makes you wonder if its possible for ANY rig, even a Quad-Geforce8 to actually run it

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

A friend relayed to me a rumor that MS has changed their mind and that DX10 will actually be in SP3 as well. I have no idea whether or not that's the case, but it's a possibility at least.

Strictly a false rumor. It was circulating as DX 9.0L but in truth that is just a DirectX program that will make Vista run DX 9.0 software and hardware without the emulation.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Old games can't play on DX10 thus being unplayable. DX10 is nothing like the former DX versions. From what I read in a magazine article about it.

Nope. Games adhering to the old DirectX standards will be playable using the DirectX9.L; in other words: DirectX9.L will allow DirectX10 cards to run previous DirectX9 effects (and not vice versa), because DirectX10 is a complete re-write of the specification (not done since the invention of DirectX back in Windows95).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 2 months later...
I hope a X1950Pro will handle this monster...somehow.  :'(

LOL no

No? Is there currently something better available from ATI than the X1950 Chip?

Read this, you jerk:

Here is a list of confirmed information...

* Crysis will run on both DX9 & DX10 as well as Windows XP and Windows Vista.

* A graphics card that supports Shader Model 2 or higher is required.

* CryEngine2 is estimated to scale back 2 years, and scale ahead 1.5 years.

* A single 7800GTX will run the game quite well on fairly high settings according to Crysis Art Director, Michael Khaimzon.

* Jack Mamais of Crytek said in an exclusive Crysis-Online interview that his X1900XT runs the game very well at reasonably high settings ( still unoptmized ).

* Crysis will dynamically utilize all processing threads available. Meaning quad-core processors will be supported.

From here.

It would be a pitty if only DX10/Vista owners could play it. A very expensive flop, to say at least.

I hope a X1950Pro will handle this monster...somehow.  :'(

LOL no

No? Is there currently something better available from ATI than the X1950 Chip?

Read this, you jerk:

Isn't calling someone "jerk" merely over dissent of opinion considerably harsh?

Jeez.

Bankai - "Zabimaru Howl !"