Heh, fired up KOTOR 1 on my PC again

I've played through the original KOTOR mulitple times on my xbox, but haven't played it in years.

Just because I was feeling nostalgic, I actually went out to my local Best Buy and bought a copy of the game for PC, seeing as how I've never played it that way. And as immersive as the game was on xbox, it is even more so on my PC. It's hard not to get caught up in the game when you've got your speakers and your subwoofer blaring KOTOR music and dialogue, and vibrating your floors with the sound of lightsabers.

It's been so long since I've played it that I forgot how to do some things. And seeing as how I've never played it on my PC, I actually had to sit through the tutorials. :p

Anyway, just thought I'd share. It's still a great game and a great gaming experience. Even if for old time's sake. :thumbsup:

It's hard not to get caught up in the game when you've got your speakers and your subwoofer blaring KOTOR music and dialogue, and vibrating your floors with the sound of lightsabers.

That reminds me...I still need to get some new PC speakers. I miss that bass boom during gaming.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, my headphones are pretty good...decent bass for how small they are. But yeah...no floor-vibrating stuff. :lol: Course, I'm not sure my hubby's too eager for me to get some window-rattlings speakers. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You have your own house? At least you can turn it up. That is if you had it. I have to keep mine down to a reasonable level. Bloody neighbors.

Ive got kotor 2 on my pc and its awesome with the patches and well the mods. Not uber mods just the ones u can make the launcher or storyline funner and better. Like wearing revans clothes or nhilus or even being able to make anyone in your party like in kotor 1 u can get yuthura in 2 u can get goto the human,mandolarians and u can even get malak.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

I like tuning down volume when it comes to having dialogue with the Selkath at all. Otherwise, voice acting for other characters in game seems ok with me. Especially hearing Malak's insane laughter is enough to know that end is near for him and Revan.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Okay, so I've run into an embarassing snag. I just downloaded a mod that would allow the PC to wear Revan's robes on the Star Forge - the real Revan's Robes - and even though I'm playing DS, the only robe available in the bin are Revan's LS robes.

I will admit I'm new to this whole modding thing, but downloading the mod was really straight forward. I followed the Read Me file to the letter and all of the mod files are in the Override folder where they are supposed to be, so I'm thinking something else is wrong.

Interestingly enough, even without the mod, the only robes that are showing up in the bin are the LS Star Forge robes regardless of your alignment. Did I do something wrong? :o