Battle of the New Atheism

kumquatq3

Like he will tell me anything directly. In many ways God is like a bad poet, and relies on symbology way too much. The problem there is that no two people will interpret the symbology exactly the same way.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Or maybe God just likes to play jokes on us. I mean, if you are an omnipotent immortal being what would you do for fun?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Or maybe we aren't smart enough to figure it out.

Yet.

Or maybe stories like the Tower of Babel was just inspired by the fall of the famous temple-tower of Etemenanki, later restored by King Nabopolassar and his son Nebuchadnezzar II of Babylonia.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Don't any of you ever get tired of just constantly typing out your opinions to each other? Do you really think that the other person really cares? Do you really care what the other person is saying? And I don't mean in the sesne that you care what the other person is saying so that you can just refute them and just tell them about yourself some more. I mean really, why do you guys continue to discuss this stuff? Is it just because you want everyone to know how you feel about it?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Don't any of you ever get tired of just constantly typing out your opinions to each other?  Do you really think that the other person really cares?  Do you really care what the other person is saying?  And I don't mean in the sesne that you care what the other person is saying so that you can just refute them and just tell them about yourself some more.  I mean really, why do you guys continue to discuss this stuff?

because it's slightly less pointless than posting what we like about Fallout for the 1000th time or wondering when the K2 restoration mod will be out, etc

what's the point of post anything with that view.....minus a live action lego movie

Now, to answer your question, the point of posting something for me is either

A) to be constructive

B) to make a joke

I mean, do you guys look at this as constructive? I guess that's my question.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

A) to be constructive

B) to make a joke

I mean, do you guys look at this as constructive?  I guess that's my question.

I don't feel ANYTHING we do on this board is constructive.

At least this stuff has a side benefit of helping to get other people view points from around the world

Hey, it would be close enough for government work.  Also, we don't even know for sure that God is omnipotent.  He could be just good at faking it.

You are talking about a demigod.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

A) to be constructive

B) to make a joke

I mean, do you guys look at this as constructive?  I guess that's my question.

I don't feel ANYTHING we do on this board is constructive.

Well, that's just because everytime I try to start up something constructive, like the Obsidian Forums Virtual Dating Service, or the choose your own adventure games, you guys do something to screw it up.

Like he will tell me anything directly.  In many ways God is like a bad poet, and relies on symbology way too much.  The problem there is that no two people will interpret the symbology exactly the same way.

Is this your performance test for God?

He needs to speak to you directly otherwise you will not grace him with your belief.

Would you like fries with that? :(

Think on this.  The Internet, for better or worse, has the sum of human knowledge.  Know lets say that we develop the technology that allows us to integrate the whole of human knowledge in a single human brain.  Sure, its not omnipotence but it would be damn close to it.

Also who says that God is omnipotent?  If you have been around 14 Billion years or so, you would have a great deal of knowledge so it just seems you would be omnipotent, especially compared to a species that has only been around for a 100,000 years or so.

The internet does not have the sum of human knowledge. In fact much that is really worth knowing is not available on the internet. You usually have to buy or borrow a book or something.

Considering that God made man in his own image, doesn't it mean that man is God.

Or is it Men(and women) are God but no single Man can be God except for Jebus?

Some might believe that God made alot of creatures (and things) in his own image - imperfect images. Imperfect like two dimensional images of a three dimensional thing.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Now, as was pointed out, omnipotent doesn't mean all knowing, but in keeping with the all knowing theme, has anyone bothered to point out that the sum of human knowlege would have to be correct in order to create this "close to all knowing brain" I mean, how is filling the brain with completely false ideas going to make it close to "all knowing"?

Did you just fuzzywuzzy this discussion?

That's what he said.

I don't think God said that.