Wont run

for some odd reason it wont run on my computer it says error. and then when i click view report it says this file C:\DOCUME~1\HP_Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\d75e_appcompat.txt

any ideas?

sorry if this is the wrong place.

Appcompat.txt is just the report file that gets sent to MS when it asks you do you want to send an error report in? I don't think anyone except the folks at MS could decipher what the error information inside contains.

You might try uninstalling, reboot, re-install. Check drivers

Listing specifics may provide a quick helpful answer. Where does the crash occur? What system specs of your computer? Patches, mods? Game platform?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

You're really close to the minimum system specs, 256MB RAM is the minimum to run the game (512MB recommended).

Check and make sure you don't have any other programs running in the background.

What model HP do you have? Is there a video card (what model) or integrated video?

I think he's asking what the model number for your HP pc...ie, HP Pavillion 312314134c. Pro/Home is the version of Windows operating system. :wub:

Background stuff might be things like virus scanners, or other programs that stick little icons on the far right of the taskbar, that stay there all the time.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts