Most powerful Sith in KOTOR series (spoilers???)

There goes your credibility Deathscepter. You counter by saying the Sith teachings are more important than the Sith arts, when it should be obvious that you can't practice the Sith arts without first learning the Sith teachings. Nihilus learnt and used the Sith teachings, even though he didn't care enough for them to spare the Sith or their legacy.

I only write this because you countered my statement by sighting the importance of the teachings, but you forget Nihilus was taught and learnt the Sith arts already.

It doesn't matter how you think a Sith Lord should regard the Sith teachings, what matters is that a Sith character can be whatever an author believes him/her to be. So again, since when did they develope a criteria for creating Sith Lord characters?

Edited by Darth Blivion

My Point is that Nihilus doesn't care about the Sith or the Sith Teachings.

Therefore what is the point of associate yourself with a religion if you don't care about the religion or spreading its teachings?

Sith is both a religion and a way of life. So Their teachings will be important to them.

That is what makes them different from the Jedi.

Because there is no point of calling yourself a Sith if you don't care about the religion or spreading its teachings.

Guest The Architect
There goes your credibility Deathscepter. You counter by saying the Sith teachings are more important than the Sith arts, when it should be obvious that you can't practice the Sith arts without first learning the Sith teachings. Nihilus learnt and used the Sith teachings, even though he didn't care enough for them to spare the Sith or their legacy.

I only write this because you countered my statement by sighting the importance of the teachings, but you forget Nihilus was taught and learnt the Sith arts already.

It doesn't matter how you think a Sith Lord should regard the Sith teachings, what matters is that a Sith character can be whatever an author believes him/her to be. So again, since when did they develope a criteria for creating Sith Lord characters?

Ah, I see. I guess our definitions of 'he doesn't care about the teachings of the Sith' differ. You see, the impression I got, is that if he doesn't care about the teachings of the Sith, then he doesn't follow the teachings of the Sith, thus he isn't a Sith Lord, because the way I see it, a Sith Lord needs to follow/practice the Sith teachings/arts to be considered as a Sith Lord.

Remember my Buddhist example? That's how I see it. To me, to not care about something infers that you don't follow, practice or preach that teaching, but in Nihilus case, given his inhuman, retarded like, void in the Force status, I understand why he wouldn't care about anything.

So, I'm not sure what to think of Nihilus. He is a Sith Lord in name, but at the same time, he isn't truly a Sith Lord. No, there isn't really a set criteria that determines a Sith's character, but their teachings do portray how most Sith Lord's act. I mean, you'll notice how all great Sith Lords (before they are killed or redeemed) are callous, ruthless, arrogant, power hungry fools, you get the theme.

Most Sith Lord's do not have the same goals, but they do act in a similar way (personality wise) because of their teachings. You know what I mean, right? So you're right, he is a Sith Lord. If he wasn't, Nihilus wouldn't be the main person on the cover of a game called 'The Sith Lords'.

But at the same time, he's nothing, because of his retarded like, void in the Force, inhuman status. I can understand your interpretation of 'he doesn't care about the Sith teachings'. Yours is basically "So what? A Sith Lord doesn't have to care about the teachings of the Sith to be a Sith Lord." I guess we just have a different interpretation of Kreia's words.

I'll conclude by making my list of the most powerful Sith in the KotOR series with Nihilus included in it (assuming that the Exile is the only character in both games who can beat Nihilus)...

1. DS Exile

2. Darth Nihilus

3. Revan (includes DS Revan after capture)

4. Darth Traya (Kreia)

5. Darth Sion

6. Darth Malak

7. Darth Traya (Atris)

8. DS Bastila

9. Darth Bandon

10. Uthar Wynn

I'll stop there, because otherwise OPG might pop out of its den and start arguing over who's the most powerful and that yada yada...

Edited by The Architect

To DarthBlivion: Am more or less getting what you are trying to say. However, topic discussion has been quite intense. Not sure about what you think with this.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧