Mass Effect Interview

Volourn

I'm looking forward to this perhaps even more than I'm looking forward to NWN2. It all looks very Deus-Exy. I'm just hoping it's not as... stiff-feeling as the other recent Bioware games.

I don't know yet. Deus Ex a more mature presentation than most Bioware-games. Not only that, but the story seems like a total rip-off from the popular anime Vandread. But the gameplay and the scope of the gameworld seems nice though :)

Never heard of Vandread :\ But I wouldn't be surprised if they ripped off a storyline from anime. FEAR was almost exactly Elfin Lied, which itself was kind of cliched (an overwrought sci-fi angstfest)

Was there some aspect of the story that got revealed that I don't know about? Because all I've heard so far is "the galaxy has a terrible secret that could destroy all civilization" :( I'm steeling myself for a Halo-esque "it's actually a weapon that will destroy everything!" twist.

I've got faith in Bioware, but I hope either they either clean up the animation a bit before release or get new voices, because the ones I've heard have not fit at all. It really detracts from the otherwise impressive presentation of the game.