Jade Empire: Special Edition announced

Morgoth

"I never used transformation styles."

You should. They're pretty cool. the Jade Golem is over powered though. Hopefully, for the PC buyers' sake (and in anys equel) they rebalance it.

"Of course, I finished the thing in one day and gave it back to the DVD store, so."

You must have over half the day, and skipped most of the dialogue (or skimmed really, really fast).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"(damn console-exclusive deals *grumbles*GTA*grumbles*)"

KOTOR didn't have a 'console exclusive' deal. It came out a few months after simply because it wans't ready yet. JE was a xbox exclusive.

then why was it initially marketed as "Only for XBOX!" when they started it's campaign? they knew that the pc version was going to come out eventually why not just market it normally?

Because the decision to port it to the PC would have hinged on the success of the IP on Xbox, first.

>_<

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think he's talking about KOTOR.

I guess they could have cancelled it's distribution altogether on the PC if it totally bombed on the XBOX. Unless of course they thought they could at least recoup the distribution costs, which would result in at least a reduction of losses accrued over the project.

EDIT: I was rather surprised to hear it wasn't Microsoft publishing the PC version of Jade Empire though.

Edited by alanschu

Based on what though?

One of the best RPGs ever was Fallout, and it is by no means a long game.

I think a large part of what made games longer back in the day was the fact that we weren't as good at playing them. We'd get stuck on things and it'd take us a while of wandering aimlessly to figure out WTF we had to do next.

Games like Baldur's Gate are an exception, not the norm.

Then you played through the game rather slowly.  Exceptionally slowly.

Especially given that I can beat the game in a single sitting without metagaming.

Anything worth playing, is worth taking it slow. :rolleyes:

But after the first play, I tend to zip quickly in games after it.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

When I first played Jade Empire it took me about 30 to 35 hours.  Now it takes about 20 to 25 hours to beat.  That is decent length for a console game but for PC it needs to be longer.

Well, you're also the guy who once claimed that you walk through all your games because of the role playing aspect..

Cut appr. 10-15 hours from those numbers and I'm sure you're much closer to the gamelength for a sane person.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

When I first played Jade Empire it took me about 30 to 35 hours.  Now it takes about 20 to 25 hours to beat.  That is decent length for a console game but for PC it needs to be longer.

Well, you're also the guy who once claimed that you walk through all your games because of the role playing aspect..

Cut appr. 10-15 hours from those numbers and I'm sure you're much closer to the gamelength for a sane person.

While at the same time was able to beat Bloodlines in roughly the same amount of time as me, a guy that just goes around on autorun.

Just for curiosity sakes, I tried walking down some of the streets in Downtown LA in Bloodlines, and it took me over a minute to just get from one turn in the street to the other, and effectively pass no points of interest (except the Hallowbrook Hotel, which I couldn't go into yet).

I like the compass. :lol:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Define "speeding through the game."

My first playthrough of Fallout still had me check every grid to see if there was something of interest there (with the exception of The Glow, since I hated dealing with the radiation).

On a final note, the first playthrough of most of my games, I tend to see things through the eyes of my character. Which usually results in me responding to an urgent situation with, well, urgency. Rather than using the messed up RPG mechanic of placing an extreme emergency upon the character, yet still allowing him to take his time, dawdle around doing side quests and wandering around town. Who cares if there's a giant Orc army outside preparing to attack, because the game waits for me!

I mean, my Vault was only running critically low on water, but hey, I have no problems running off and doing some random radscorpion killing. Even though you have already told me where the next Vault (and most obvious lead to finding a new water chip) is. I mean, I have 150 days, which is plenty of time (despite the fact that I literally have no idea about anything of the outside world, and am merely hoping Vault 15 has one). And hey, when they didn't, I knew I still had mountains of time. No real urgency, still 80 days to go. I'm sure there's one around here somewhere, since it is, after all, a video game.