AI Accelerator

Bokishi

I'd actually be very grateful for a dedicated Ai chip. Would allow for much cooler AI, and seriously, wouldn't that make for much better gaming than just have shinier graphics? I mean, what is the point in something that looks like a real person, but behaves with all the wit and vivacity of a cola machine?

And by that I am of course referring to my colleagues on the mod squad.

*ducks hurled ironing board*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

AI programming, thats a job I wouldnt touch with a three meter pole. Crikey.

People often make it out to be harder than it is.

Its writing thousands upon thousands of If X=1, then Y Else... lines that I dont consider to be all that amusing to do. Granted, Im not a programmer :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

AI programming, thats a job I wouldnt touch with a three meter pole. Crikey.

People often make it out to be harder than it is.

Its writing thousands upon thousands of If X=1, then Y Else... lines that I dont consider to be all that amusing to do. Granted, Im not a programmer :)

huh... *Shakes head* Never did any AI like that, that's the wrong way to do AI.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Well, its good Im not a programmer :ermm: and the game with that AI was a flash game.. maybe you cant even call something like AI, all it did was make one sprite move randomly when the player reached a certain position in the grid.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

How do you program a real AI then? We have a doctoree at Uni who is part of some internationa projct to program an entire virtual brain, but its far too advanced stuff for an artist like me.