Tech Forum

metadigital

I'm not a huge fan of the Skeeter idea. I think it's a bit obscure, since many of the people who come to these boards may not have played the Fallout games. That'll probably be even more the case now Obsidian's signed their deal with SEGA. Also, I think it's a bit odd given that Obsidian didn't create Fallout 2, and I thought they didn't want to be known as Black Isle 2.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

My idea with the Skeeter suggestion was precisely for it to be a somewhat obscure reference to one of the favourite games of the community. Something that would make people stop and think for a while before posting here.

I do think that the "Black Isle 2" criticism is a valid one, and it might warrant, perhaps an also obscure, but less "Black Isly" suggestion. Perhaps a Wasteland reference.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

We can still have the byline that says "Come Here to discuss Hardware" right below it, as it is now.

You're right, of course, so I guess it's not such a problem.

I was trying to think if there were any tech NPCs in Kotor 2 who could substitute, like Bao-Dur perhaps? Or maybe there's a really cool blacksmith in NWN2? :(

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The stickied thread.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: