The Jagged Alliance 2 Gold Thread

I'm installing this at the moment, i've previously played the vanilla version without UB and i found it way too easy. Just wait until night, crouch, prowl around and kill everyone who comes in your way. I gave up halfway because it was just boring. Now i just read about the latest fan patch that adds (!!) over 200 new guns, support for higher resolutions and numerous fixes and tweaks to make the game more challenging. I decided i had to give it another try since i really liked it at first.

i'll post some pikks later.

Everyone who's interested are welcome to start a new game with me so we can

compare.

Does this work on any version of JA2?

I have the original game, no Gold, no anything.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

We had a pretty decent conversation going about the 1.13 mod in another thread. I started a new game and was blown away by the improvements. I was having a total blast, but I eventually ran across a few game crashing bugs. I wasn't frustrated though, the fact is it's a blast to play. I've never been bored playing JA2. Even though my game ended abruptly, I still got another 30 hours of entertainment from this gem.

It should be done two hours from now. I really hope it works.

Heja Sverige!!

With or without patches?

I just reinstalled it. I.M.P. is still awesomely funny.

Heja Sverige!!

It's installed and it works. Higher resolution FTW.

They took away the wonderful I.M.P. questionnaire. Bastards. :'(

Also, doesn't picking a whole squad of I.M.P. mercenaries unbalance the game?

Heja Sverige!!

• 2 weeks later...

The 1.13 mod works with any vanilla JA2 that wasn't distributed online (Nix on Steam or Trymedia versions sorry, encryption in data files changed)

So anywhere from 1.03 to 1.12 (CD versions)

They took away the wonderful I.M.P. questionnaire. Bastards. 

Also, doesn't picking a whole squad of I.M.P. mercenaries unbalance the game?

Most people didn't want the questionaire, so I didn't even make it an option. And we're not bastards. We're *Evil* Bastards with way too much time on our hands :)

Also, just about EVERY optional feature in the game is unbalancing. But that's what people wanted.

Personally I play on INSANE with Easy Starting cash, 1 IMP, Normal Bobby Rays, and Sci-Fi. I don't use Drop-All, but I do use the sector inventory sell option, it saves on useless trips to Tony's. I get whipped all the time.

P.S. There is a patch released last Friday. Adds some more good stuff and lays the groundwork for some more externalization :)

1.13 is the best mod ever to any game. I've never seen a mod add so much, change so much, enhance so much, yet still keep the flavor of the original so intact.

ANd yeah, a lot of the features are unbalancing, but they are yours to use as you see fit.

I like to play on expert with Bobby Ray's set to Normal, Drop All off, High Angle GLing on, elite troop bonus set to 50%, Deidranna set to agressive and queens forces unlimited.

Then I gi ve myself $900,000 buy up some mercs and play a campaign until my IMP is killed then start aall over again.

Greatest game ever; greatest mod ever.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Do you still reload if a MERC loses attribute points?

lol. No its not really an issue now. It rarely happens and combat is pretty lethal so if somebody gets shot enough to blow off attribute points they are usually dead. My biggest cause of attribute loss is my snipers shooting their squadmates in the backof the head and knocking off wisdom points. Gotta keep those lines of fire clear! lol.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I agree with Crashgirl, 1.13 is absolutely amazing.  It took JA2 and makes it more graphically competitive, and adds a ton of new layers for the veterans.

There's so much new stuff that it was like learning the game all over again when I started playing the 1.13.

The Call Reinforcements thing took me a while to get used to. I would always fail to accoutn for the option that when attacking the first sector of a town I might be facing as many as 50-60 soldiers if I wasn't careful. Now its second nature,but it was whole new wrinkle to think about.

I love the mobile mlitia. I love the way all the militia and soldiers hop up on roofs. I love the Look option when using scopes. One of the toughest things I find is getting snipers down off roofs: when there are three or four or more of them up there and they are all peering through their scopes in every direction, they are a damn hard nut to crack. Happily, the mortar is very useful in this situation! Of course, I got Raven and my IMP killed in one campaign when they were up on a roof sniping and the AI mortared them! Bastards. :o That ended that game real quick.

High angle Grenade launching is awesome, too. MAkes those launchers tactically useful.

I love the weapon rebalancing and that sniper scopes are now only for sniper rifles.

The combined arms approach is mow much more important rather than just loading up your whole team with C7s as in regular Jag 2 and Jag2 gold.

Totally awesome mod.

Edited by CrashGirl

I think I may have played this, because my last encounter had guys jumping up and down off of rooftops.

Yes, you did. The 1.13 mod has been out for more than a year. It keeps getting worked on and modified. A new version was just released September 1. IIRC, you played a version that had the airstrikes, for example. Airstrikes have since been removed.

• 2 weeks later...

The were also bugged as hell.

So have you guys tried stealing or the new tooltips that should be in the latest 1.13 release?

If you interested you can also set up SVN access - i'll write you how - to be up to date with all the new things - that aren't always bugfree but we're all testers anyway.

1.13 killed off Ja2.