Help with Vaklu vs Talia quest

I'm currently playing kotor2 for the first time andi I'm stucked with the quest of Vaklu vs Talia...

I sent atton, mandalore and bao-dur to raid the sith tomb of freedon natt

Then i get Kreia and handmaiden with me to rescue queen talia...

Now i arrived to a force field tahat say "hit this force field to open" but this ability is tipical of bao-dur that is not available as is currently on another planet...

Is it possible that there's no other way to open this force field?

Am I obliged to replay hours of game only because i selected a NPC instead of another?

The curios thing is that bao-dur is very useful during the exploration of the tomb as he can enter in all this computers that are all around... Instead of bao-dur i can get the droid but battling with all this dark jedi equipped with light sabers the drois is surely cut off from combat in seconds while bao-dur is a good fighter...

I can believe obsidian had done such a horrible thing to players... Even Kreia says "good choice" when I selected bao-dur for the raid on the sith tomb...

There was one time it wouldn't let me through for a while either. I think it's just a glitch. I didn't start over tho...I just ran around, kept hitting it and eventually it worked. I might've reloaded a save several times.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

There was one time it wouldn't let me through for a while either. I think it's just a glitch. I didn't start over tho...I just ran around, kept hitting it and eventually it worked. I might've reloaded a save several times.

YES it works now... i had to reload the last save then hit the force field with both the lightsaber of my PC and the one of Kreia... quite strange but it worked and after that field i killed another sith so now i have in my inventory 4 double bladed lightsabers 2 normal light sabers and 2 short light sabers... I can equip the entire jedi council now... :lol:

4 Double Bladed Light-Sabers. :( <_< Well. That. Sucks.

I had that happen once. Stupid game telling me to use Bao-Dur. :ermm: No. Who knows why...perhaps the game was trying to be helpful.

Odd thing about this part of the game is some times the Royalists don't get fried by the power converter. I think going up the ramp to the second force field ,then going back down to the defence tower to un-pin the Royalists ,lets you fix the stupidity of the soldiers that stand next to the Zapper. Meaning you can run close to the wall. But yeah it doesn't always work....

Thank you for using the original English for "stucked". :p

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

• 2 months later...