Walsh joins the 21st Century

Walsingham

OK you slugs, here's my new PC specs:

Intel Pentium D Dual Core 940 3.2ghz 1024MB DDR2 300Gb SATA Nvidia 7900GT 256Mb PCI-E DVDRW and 16x DVD rom

That better good, or I'm going to cry. As you know I've been patiently saving up to get a decent gaming machine for years.

Very good. What's your RAM limit?

Also, did you get a nice wide screen monitor with that?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

All comments making me extremely happy at present. Apologies to that enormous flying lizard over there for posting in the wrong forum. :">

I guess I shall have to upgrade my RAM by the sound of things. Perhaps do some more contract irritations. :) But only when I get my next monitor.

And yes, it is a nice widescreen 19" Really not bad for 130 quid. No dead pixies that I can see. Wait, you meant pixels?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wait, you have a 19" screen and you are going to trade it for a 24" one? Don't do it man, you'll regret it. Save the money, and spend it on upgrades a year from now.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The 19" is pretty good. But no DVI, which is damned cheek. But then I'm going to be switching it across to my work PC soon. I tried it out in that role yesterday and it was great. Really makes a difference to be able to read two documents side by side. For criticism, and for data entry/reports.

I think I will go for a top'o' the line 20" monitor for my gaming rig.

For the record the rig seems to handle civ 4 without breaking a sweat. Oblivion was manageable with only the faintest lag on the highest settings I could dream up. Nothing you'd notice coming from a cheaper PC like mine. But that's after only one night playing. Overall, I'd say I've managed to hit the sweet spot where price and performance match. Any more and I suspect the increases would tail off. Besides which, between all the games I have to catch up on, I'm going to be plenty busy before I need to upgrade!

Thanks again for all your support, chaps.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.