Basilisk War droid?!?! A Starviper from the EU?

And no, I don't mean a Starviper from the European Union.

What the heck? Yeah, I read the quote about how they didn't want to use the comics concept, and maybe that was a good idea. But just literally taking a random ship out of Shadows of the Empire and throwing it back in time thousands of years...is that a good solution?

the KOTOR2 "Basilisk War Droid"

The Virago: a Starviper from Shadows of the Empire

C'mon! I know they were under time constraints, but they couldn't developed something new. Hell, the darn Ravager is one photoshop edit from a Star Destroyer. Well, what's a few 1000 years anyway? I wish my truck kept up as well as that 4000 year old Basilisk Droid from Shadows of the Empire!

Ah well, great game though.

Technology had barely progressed anyway in those thousand years, so does it really matter?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Well since the StarViper is produced by MandalMotors which you should see from the link is a Mandalorian manufacturer it might stand to reason that when they went to build it's concept they pulled up the old specs for a Basilisk War Droid and said well this design worked well lets rework it as a fighter craft.