probably already done; hardware problems with Perg

:( What? Why is it arrogance to think in the collective "we" ? Please enlighten me great one.

I guess cause he's a critic. And I dont't like critics. They are not to be trusted.

First, predator, go to the lucasforums coruscant entertainment center, the column 'the Critic's two cents. The first thing i said is I do 'critiques' like your english teacher does. I say when it's good, I point to what's wrong, and when the story line doesn't make sense, I say so.

Any idiot can say 'it's junk'. I say, 'the idea is good, and here is where you went wrong'.

As I have joked with the kids there constantly, I am not a teacher only because i don't have the college credits and am unwilling to be either politically correct or willing to teach BS because it is politically correct to do so.

For those not hung up on the word 'critic, my problem, which as I pointed out might already have been done, is my hardware is having problems with the Sith Lords. It had a similar problem but not as bad with KOTOR. What happens is the movement control locks up and the charatcer does what I call the 'idiot dance, meaning it spins in place until the system is happy again.

Try;

Open SWKotor2.ini found in the map where you installed Kotor2. There find [Graphics Options] and add the line Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

We can give a legit answer to his problem or not post. Simple.

Looks up a few posts above.

Thread pruned again.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

In that case could you do a hardware scan and post the content of the swinfo.txt file here?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Odd how it wasnt in the first post...

Sorry strum, I thought mentioning it was a hardware problem would be sufficient. You have to remember that when I was a kid a computer as powerful as this POS I have on the desk took up a 20 foot square room and needed three operators.

The problem is, my system is not fast enough to run the game with full efficiency. I know that from the get go. When I change scene (Only twice so far, but I haven't even gotten them together or Peragus) I get what I call the 'idiot dance'. T3 just sits there (Though you can here the motor running) or spins slowly in a circle. I had the same problem when I uploaded KOTOR for the first time.

In that case could you do a hardware scan and post the content of the swinfo.txt file here?

As requested;

[sWKotOR]

ReportDateTime=7/28/06 4:25:35 PM

SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60

GameExists=1

GameVersion=v2.10.427

GameInstallLocation=C:\PROGRAM FILES\LUCASARTS\SWKOTOR2\

[OS]

Name=Win98

Version=Windows 98 v4.10 build 2222 A

Service Pack=None

Status=Pass

[swapFiles]

C:\WINDOWS\win386.swp=60

[CPU]

CPUCount=1

CPUSpeed=751

CPUFamily=6

CPUModel=8

CPUStepping=3

CPUVendor=Intel

CPUName=Intel Pentium IIIXC 751MHz

Status=Fail

[Memory]

RAM=128

Status=Warning

[Disk Free Space]

C: (FAT32), UNICODE=4.17GB

Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]

DriveLetters=D:\

Drives=MAT****A DVD-ROM SR-8586,ATAPI CD-RW 52X24X

[Video]

Video Card Name=RADEON 9200 SEC

Video Memory=64

Desktop Resolution=1024x768x16

DirectX=DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

OpenGL Version=1.3.3966 Win9x Release

OpenGL Vendor=ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Renderer=RADEON 9200 DDR x86/SSE

ATI Driver=4.14.1.9122

Vid Card Status=Warning

Vid Card Driver Status=Pass

GL Status=Pass

DX Status=Pass

[Audio]

Sound Card Name=SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

Status=Pass

;Game Options from swkotor2.ini

[Display Options]

FullScreen=1

Disable Movies=0

Disable Intro Movies=0

Sort Modules=1

Width=640

Height=480

BitsPerPixels=32

RefreshRate=60

[sound Options]

Music Volume=1

Voiceover Volume=85

Sound Effects Volume=85

Movie Volume=85

Number 3D Voices=32

Number 2D Voices=32

2D3D Bias=1.00

Force Software=0

EAX=0

Sound Init=1

Disable Sound=0

[Graphics Options]

V-Sync=0

Anisotropy=1

Frame Buffer=1

Anti Aliasing=0

Texture Quality=1

Grass=1

Soft Shadows=0

Shadows=1

Brightness=57

EnableHardwareMouse=1

FullScreen=1

RefreshRate=60

Width=800

Height=600

Emitters=1

[Game Options]

Enable Tooltips=1

Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000

Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000

Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000

TextureVariation=0

BodyVariation=0

AppearanceType=0

PCGender=0

GameCompleted=0

CurSithLord=0

Hide InGame GUI=0

Use Small Fonts=0

Hide Unequippable=0

Tutorial Popups=1

Subtitles=1

Mini Map=1

Floating Numbers=1

Status Summary=1

Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1

Mouse Sensitivity=44

Difficulty Level=1

Auto Level Up NPCs=0

Mouse Look=0

AutoSave=1

EnableScreenShot=0

Reverse Mouse Buttons=0

Reverse Ingame YAxis=0

Reverse Minigame YAxis=0

Combat Movement=1

UnlockedPlanetSongs=3

TooltipDelay Sec=1

Disable Movies=1

[config]

firstrun=0

[Keymapping]

Action286B=8

Action286A=7

Action285B=10

Action285A=9

Action284B=54

Action284A=51

Action283B=54

Action283A=51

Action282B=69

Action282A=73

Action281B=53

Action281A=76

Action280B=69

Action280A=73

Action268=52

Action265=58

Action264=57

Action263=43

Action262=85

Action261=84

Action260=83

Action259=82

Action258=81

Action257=80

Action256=79

Action255=78

Action254=77

Action253=31

Action245=75

Action244=55

Action243=67

Action242=74

Action241=87

Action240=56

Action239=68

Action238=82

Action236=83

Action234=81

Action232=80

Action230=79

Action228=78

Action226=77

Action225=70

Action224=90

Action223=31

Action222=25

Action221=24

Action220=29

Action219=28

Action218=42

Action217=87

Action216=65

Action215=63

Action214=60

Action213=62

Action212=61

Action211=66

Action210=59

Action209=71

Action208=89

Action207=72

Action206=30

Action205=55

Action204=67

[Autopause Options]

End Of Combat Round=0

Mine Sighted=0

Enemy Sighted=1

Party Killed=1

Action Menu=0

New Target Selected=1

[Movies Shown]

Movie10=0

Movie 9=0

Movie 8=0

Movie 7=0

Movie 6=0

Movie 5=0

Movie 4=0

Movie 3=0

Movie 2=0

Movie 1=0

Movie 0=12

If you already knew that the problem was your system is not up to the task; why make a post? :ermm:

You can't miracly lower Min. System. Req. They are called MINIMUM for a reason :huh:

Edit;

PS. why the 800x600 res with alot of graphical options on if it already preforms bad? :huh:

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

If you already knew that the problem was your system is not up to the task; why make a post?  :ermm:

You can't miracly lower Min. System. Req. They are called MINIMUM for a reason :p

Edit;

PS. why the 800x600 res with alot of graphical options on if it already preforms bad?  :huh:

I was told by someone who has a similar system that it would run.

As for the res that is what it set automatically. When I used the rcommended setting button it was still there. I don't know how to reset them. That is why I asked for help.

As for the game itself, it refuses to acknowledge that I do have a radeon 9200 upgraded as far as a windows 98 allows.

I'll try going for a lesser res and see if that helps, but I think 800x600 is the lowest it allows.

So many posts on this board with lying friends... one must start to wonder if you can ever trust your fellow man again :p

As for the game; I THINK 640x480 is lowest (after all; that is cutscene/TV-size) and since it is also a X-box game. You can manually lower the graphical stuff in Options-Graphics (also make sure to click "advanched" and shut everything there off)...

^

Odd how it wasnt in the first post...

Sorry strum, I thought mentioning it was a hardware problem would be sufficient. You have to remember that when I was a kid a computer as powerful as this POS I have on the desk took up a 20 foot square room and needed three operators.

The problem is, my system is not fast enough to run the game with full efficiency. I know that from the get go. When I change scene (Only twice so far, but I haven't even gotten them together or Peragus) I get what I call the 'idiot dance'. T3 just sits there (Though you can here the motor running) or spins slowly in a circle. I had the same problem when I uploaded KOTOR for the first time.

Its alright, Its just that you should have explained it in the first post the problem, and your specs, cos from there people can instantly start helping.

So many posts on this board with lying friends... one must start to wonder if you can ever trust your fellow man again :sorcerer:

As for the game; I THINK 640x480 is lowest (after all; that is cutscene/TV-size) and since it is also a X-box game. You can manually lower the graphical stuff in Options-Graphics (also make sure to click "advanched" and shut everything there off)...

I'll try it.

So many posts on this board with lying friends... one must start to wonder if you can ever trust your fellow man again :)

I'll try it.

I did try resetting the graphics, but the PC version I have refuses to go lower than 800 by.

I found a way around it though. Disable sound until you are in an area where you can maneuver freely. Once you are, save, quit, then reopen the game.