gametap

taks

just curious if anyone else signed up for gametap's free trial (two weeks i believe). some of the old arcade games that are on there can be found elsewhere, i know, but it's still interesting for a quick ride. i was disappointed, however, that donkey kong was not on the list. that was my all-time fav. well, that and galaga, which is on the list, but much more difficult to play without a huge console and a little ball on a joystick (one quarter was 4 hours for me on galaga back in the day... i'd have to just give up and give it to someone out of boredom).

anyway, i'll drop it as soon as the pay period kicks in. not enough stuff in there. oh, the funny one was baldur's gate. apparently it is actually the PC version. i started just to see how long it would take. 4 hour download. hehe.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Does it have gamepad/controller support?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

yes, though i do not have one.  i don't play any games that use it so no need.

taks

ah, Mame rules, it has all the Donkey Kongs. Good thing I downloaded all these old games a few years back. Popeye, Defender, Centipede, etc cetera

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

mame does not work on XP, unfortunately. at least, not that i can figure out. a friend sent me mame immediately after i signed up for gametap and realized there are no DKs. personally, galaga and DK are the only two games i really care about (they were also the only two i really got into).

oh, with DK, i made it to the "7th pies" plus a few screens after (though only a couple times). i just remember "7th pies" as the tipping point my buddy and i struggled with for several months. shortly after jumping that hurdle, all the machines we played got removed, or switched to what we called "hard mode," and we soon stopped playing. then it went away altogether. :geek: those were the days.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

mame does not work on XP, unfortunately.  at least, not that i can figure out.  a friend sent me mame immediately after i signed up for gametap and realized there are no DKs.  personally, galaga and DK are the only two games i really care about (they were also the only two i really got into).

oh, with DK, i made it to the "7th pies" plus a few screens after (though only a couple times).  i just remember "7th pies" as the tipping point my buddy and i struggled with for several months.  shortly after jumping that hurdle, all the machines we played got removed, or switched to what we called "hard mode," and we soon stopped playing.  then it went away altogether. :geek:  those were the days.

taks

Try these.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Is this true? I understand if it is against the rules to discuss illegal ROMs. But shouldn't it be OK to discuss emulators themselves, and using them to play homebrew games, legal abandonware games, and ROMs that you have extracted from games you own?

You should've talked about ZSNES. :D

Heja Sverige!!

If I was talking what I used I would've been talking about ZSNES. In this instance I was trying to advise someone who was new to emulators and mostly computer illiterate. SNES9x is easier to understand when you're new to it.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

It was a joke, man.

I was suggesting that if you had mentioned ZSNES the mods wouldn't get all uppity. I know, not funny. :'(

Heja Sverige!!