Chodo Habat

Briefly putting aside the Force points you get for helping him.

Chodo Habat mentioned that he could "heal" you. It seems that everyone assumes he meant to help you reestablish your connection to the Force. Although even Chodo admitted that he could not heal you fully. Which that begs the question, what exactly did he mean?

Chodo could feel the Force, and anyone who can feel the Force could sense the Exiles "wound", that he was a "shell". I propose that Chodo's failed attempt to heal you was really an attempt to repair the wound caused from the events at Malachor.

In the attempt to heal you, he failed, but was able to restore part of your connection (with the bonus Force points).

Any thoughts?

wookiedance.gif

Could be referring to how the Exile remains numb to himself/herself. However, when the Exile walks along Telos's shore area and if Kreia is in the party, your character is asked whether he/she can feel anything. I often choose an option about feeling some sort of breeze, and get a line from Kreia like how a breeze may swiftly turn into a gale, and she suggests that recovering of Force connection can happen much more swiftly than imagined. Believe that Telos' atmosphere would be involved in recovering Force connection. Bao-Dur mentions that the planet's atmosphere is relatively calming.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I agree with vaxen83,perhaps it is the act of trying to heal that heals the Exile.

Rather than peaceful meditation it is more learning activity that reestablishes the connection. :ermm: In this instance anyway.:)

Though I am not sure if the Exile is numb to herimself.

How do we put the force points gained aside? It is proof that some healing was obtained.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

How do we put the force points gained aside? It is proof that some healing was obtained.

Well I say when Chodo remarked about "healing", he was talking about the "Wound" and not the Force connection. Which to comprehend the concept you must put aside the bonus force points.

The points are more related to game mechanics, and as I feel, Exile had already been reconnected when Kreia made the initial bond, it was only a matter of feeling it completely, extra Force points dont entirely mean re-connection.

If anything Chodo helped to strengthen your connection, but in no way healed you because the wound had remained.

Chodo was extremely vague on the subject.

The following is not a spoiler, but a related issue of my interpretation

What I am about to say relates to my interpretation of the "Exile is Nihilus" theory.

To strengthen her force connection, the Exile formed bonds with all she interacted with, especially Jedi under her command. When the Jedi died on Malachor, connections were severed that created a wound. Exile felt the destruction and cut herself off from the force. Though it left a wound in the Force when such a connection was lost.

I feel that until the Exile defeated Nihilus, the wound would remain, as the two are connected. Nihilus' defeat finally sealed the wound. The events of Malachor and the force connection that Exile abandoned on its surface by refusing the dark side created Nihilus. The dark energy of Malachor inevitably turned Nihilus DS.

The Force, having a will of its own and with the echoes of the dead remained on Malachor and found a body to eventually create Nihilus. But the new force body was empty, a shell so to speak. Feeding off force connections, this new body craved the Force for strength, ever growing with each interaction with Force sensitives. As those who used the Force gathered, Nihilus was drawn.

The relation to the force for Exile and Nihilus are in a sense, polar opposites.

Thus by killing Nihilus, the Exile silenced the wound and the echoes.

Edited by Darth Hades
wookiedance.gif

The Nihilism suggestion is also possible and could also relate to a force wound. Otherwise Nihilus feeding rampage would remain unchecked and unresolved.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Well I say when Chodo remarked about "healing", he was talking about the "Wound" and not the Force connection. Which to comprehend the concept you must put aside the bonus force points.

The points are more related to game mechanics, and as I feel, Exile had already been reconnected when Kreia made the initial bond, it was only a matter of feeling it completely, extra Force points dont entirely mean re-connection.

If anything Chodo helped to strengthen your connection, but in no way healed you because the wound had remained.

Chodo was extremely vague on the subject.

The following is not a spoiler, but a related issue of my interpretation

What I am about to say relates to my interpretation of the "Exile is Nihilus" theory.

To strengthen her force connection, the Exile formed bonds with all she interacted with, especially Jedi under her command. When the Jedi died on Malachor, connections were severed that created a wound. Exile felt the destruction and cut herself off from the force. Though it left a wound in the Force when such a connection was lost.

I feel that until the Exile defeated Nihilus, the wound would remain, as the two are connected. Nihilus' defeat finally sealed the wound. The events of Malachor and the force connection that Exile abandoned on its surface by refusing the dark side created Nihilus. The dark energy of Malachor inevitably turned Nihilus DS.

The Force, having a will of its own and with the echoes of the dead remained on Malachor and found a body to eventually create Nihilus. But the new force body was empty, a shell so to speak. Feeding off force connections, this new body craved the Force for strength, ever growing with each interaction with Force sensitives. As those who used the Force gathered, Nihilus was drawn.

The relation to the force for Exile and Nihilus are in a sense, polar opposites.

Thus by killing Nihilus, the Exile silenced the wound and the echoes.

Yes the connection was already reestablished and chodo failed to heal the wound.But in the failed healing the connection was strengthened.

My interpretation of the wound was that the pain was why the Exile cut himself off,that act left the emptyness.Yes being connected to all the others that died on Malachore was simply to much.

Dark side there was no choice,light side fear,so there sort of was a choice though not conscious,more instinct.

But Nilihus could not cut himself off or wouldn't so fead on the pain craving the force until he became a shell.True that he and the Exile are opposites though IMO the Exile is not a shell.I think this because of what Chodo said about having no choice in enduring the pain of a planet,and not wanting to gain strength from others.It is because Exile has no choice than to live with the pain and grows stronger by enduring.He/she doesn't become an unthinking animal like Nihilus.

I don't agree with the theory that is floating around about the Exile only being so strong in the force by leaching of the crew.That is only evident by killing the masters individually *sorry moderator* instinct filling the hole and the bonus offered to you by Kriea when you ask why Hannhar is on the ship...*sorry again* :(though that could be considerd a gameplay issue they are optional as is with chodo's healing of the wound itself attempt ....It is just my interpretation. :o

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

And Nihilus was probably surprised when he thought Jedi were on Telos, and when he tried to feed on Exile (who was a force wound) to sustain himself, think it had a countereffect on him. Thanks to manipulation.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I don't know about healing, but I know that the Exile did feel some relief on the surface of the planet because they were quite similar. The planet was completely wasted, wiped out. However the section that they had was new, restored, revived. This was much like the Exile in the way that the Exile was slowly recovering, just like this planet now was.