5 new Gothic III screenshots

We're getting the same nameless hero again? I guess that makes sense, given the ending of Gothic 2.

If we can't customize gender or appearance, the developers need to compensate by making him highly customisable in other ways. That could include membership of factions (which seem to be a big part of Gothic 3), relationships (romantic or otherwise) with various NPCs, alignment and moral choices, choice of path to completing the game and different endings that correspond with your choices. The standard fighter/mage/thief choice isn't really enough by itself, I think.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Why are half of the posts in the Gothic 3 thread written by someone who hated Gothic 2 and has no intentions of or interest in getting Gothic 3?

Hey, Hades: just get the **** out of the thread already.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You are just going to harp on this, aren't you.  Just accept that I will not be buying or playing Gothic 3 because of my experiences with Gothic 2.  Did I crush your flower garden when I said I won't be buying it?  Do you have something at stake that if I don't buy and play Gothic 3 your lil' world comes crumbling down?

I'm harping on it because you're being a twit by saying the pregen is a deal breaker, yet at the same time you have no problems stating that a game with a pregen is your #2 favourite game of all time.

As for things change, yes my tastes in games have change.  What was acceptable in game desgn 5 to 6 years ago I don't really care for today.  The story of PST was great and and memorable but I haven't touched the game for 2 to 3 years and it is hardly my most played CRPG because of the pregen issue.

It may not be your most played CRPG, but by your own words, it's your second favourite one.

Don't want to by the game because you aren't a fan of Gothic 2, then fine. Why you decide to come into a thread about Gothic 3, knowing you aren't interested in the game and are not even a fan of the series is beyond me. But don't go around saying that it's a deal breaker, when clearly it's not.

If you were willing to let it go. You would have. But instead, postCount++

Edited by alanschu

Why are half of the posts in the Gothic 3 thread written by someone who hated Gothic 2 and has no intentions of or interest in getting Gothic 3?

Because not all of the community can be fanboys of the series like Dhruin and yourself.

In any case, I might get 3. 2 was alot of fun, despite it's myriad of flaws and annoying fans.