The crystal cave

In my first playthrough I am a darkside female. I chose Dantooine as my first destination after Telos. Knowing that loot is scaled to level, should I finish this planet and the caves at this stage, or should I wait till I'm higher level and get better crystals later?

In my first playthrough I am a darkside female. I chose Dantooine as my first destination after Telos. Knowing that loot is scaled to level, should I finish this planet and the caves at this stage, or should I wait till I'm higher level and get better crystals later?

This is just my personal preference, but when I play dark side, I go through the cave to get the crystals, go to the enclave to get a lightsaber part from Jorran (the scavenger who's stuck there). Then I leave and do another planet or two (Onderon and Nar Shaddaa) before finishing Dantooine, because the final part of the planet is hard to do at lower levels. But the loot in the crystal cave and even the enclave is nice to have early on.

Early in the morning so its dark but not too dark,that way your eyes adjust much quicker :)

:ermm: I mean early I go there first thing after Telos,that way your pet will become strong even before you've built its little home. :p Do this and you'll be beheading the baddies :ermm: sorry the o:) in no time. :) So no get the crystal as early as possible.The first time I played it didn't get a powerful as it can,And avoid this forum till you have finished. :p

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

I prefer to do the Dantooine cave as late as possible in the game in order to get the higher level crystals ... would you get them somewhere else? Maybe, maybe not ... I've played both ways several times, and I think it's just personal preference now.

A few reasons to play Dantooine first:

Get your PC crystal from the cave

Kinrath spawn is available apart from Hississ in cave.

You can also get some lightsaber crystals from the old lady in salvager's camp. Save your game before speaking to her, and if her inventory does not have items you need, reload and try again. Items in K2 are often generated at randomed.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Which is a pain because late in my last pt Joran had nothing o value for me,so I reloaded.Then he had nothing at all and I saved his life! CHEAP BASTARD, reloaded again and still NOTHING! :blink:

Is this a common thing if it is late in the game?

This is just my personal preference, but when I play dark side, I go through the cave to get the crystals, go to the enclave to get a lightsaber part from Jorran (the scavenger who's stuck there). Then I leave and do another planet or two (Onderon and Nar Shaddaa) before finishing Dantooine, because the final part of the planet is hard to do at lower levels. But the loot in the crystal cave and even the enclave is nice to have early on.

Maybe its just me but I find master vrook to be tougher than the others in the council. If I play darkside I do not go to dantooine first because I wait to level up to face vrook.

I usually go to dxun first because you have to make two trips there anyway and canderous is a good shooter to have.

Which is a pain because late in my last pt Joran had nothing o value for me,so I reloaded.Then he had nothing at all and I saved his life! CHEAP BASTARD, reloaded again and still NOTHING!  :x

Is this a common thing if it is late in the game?

Trust me, I had to fight Visas on EH 20-35 times through multiple attempts at reloading, and more than half of around 25 times, I was getting either short lightsabers or double-bladed ones while I needed another single lightsaber. (Was already using one but wanted to have two single lightsabers for my PC)

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Randomly generated items, even for crystals which are found, can make gameplay a bit tedious.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Dantooine not first, unless your allignment stays that way perfectly cos Kreia is always hunting you down and shes like "Hey you n00b, your crystal isnt in touch with your force, n00b"

and that jorran guy is a jerk i always like to kill him, one he asked if the lagreiks where still there and I said "[lie]no" and then he came out, later being attacked by 3 or so lagreiks LOL. but what is annoying is the "Hey have you got some lewt? I want some bee-atch" and hes just like "err no" *loot falls from pocket, PILES of the stuff and then he bolts*

Randomly generated items, even for crystals which are found, can make gameplay a bit tedious.

True but,it's better than the items being in the same place every playthrough,like in K1. :(

:ermm: ............................. :ph34r: ........... :) .................. :lol:

I don't have Kriea realigned my crystal all the time.I hover around the grey area till it glows blindingly,then continue slaughtering .That way you get the bonus of a grey crystal with,dark mastery,and fury.

Maybe its just me but I find master vrook to be tougher than the others in the council. If I play darkside I do not go to dantooine first because I wait to level up to face vrook.

I usually go to dxun first because you have to make two trips there anyway and canderous is a good shooter to have.

Yeah, Vrook is by far the toughest, which is why I just go to Dantooine to clean out the crystal cave then leave before doing the rest of it. Although, I don't think the fight with him is that difficult, it's definitely long.

bah! Vrook is probably a little tougher than the other two but he is still very easy. I get all of his health down in a round or two. Even if it is the first planet I go to after Telos.

Almost similar for me as I prefer to go to crystal cave and do Dantooine's quests before subsequent ones on other planets. Vrook's stance is generally defensive, considering that he uses force healing.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

3 reasons to go firstly at Dantooine:

1) You are with Kreia so that when you reach level 15 you can the same moment take the prestige class and level without losing any xp.

2) You get Master Vrook's Jedi Master robe.

3) You buy repair kits outside to use as parts to create for upgrades.

Note: Even if you follow DS don't help the mercenarie. They will kill a merchant outside with infinite repair kits which means infinite repair parts.