The movers broke my GeForce6800u

Hades is right.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

My 6 MB card was the top of the line at one point.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The 7900GTX is much, much quieter than the 6800, even with the stock cooler. the 7900 uses the smaller die (60nm versus 90nm, IIRC = less power required, less heat given off and better, quieter operation besides).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Meta, I believe both the 7900GTX as well as the 7950GX2 use 90nm technology. The 7800's used 110nm. GPU manufacturing technology usually runs one generation behind CPU technology. Even for CPUs, only the newest Intel processors are being fabbed on 65nm, with AMD's upcoming AM2 still using 90nm. It will be at least a year before GPUs switch to 65nm.

Edit: The difference between the GTX and GX2 chips are the bin; the GTX chip comes from the absolute top bin, the creme de la creme. Very few chips can be clocked that high. The GX2's chips are lower clocked, and therefore yields are much higher. This is the reason why GX2's are so competitively priced. A single GX2 chip's effective manufacturing cost is quite possible about half that of a single GTX chip.

Edited by angshuman