What will Bush do?

Meshugger

Aw, whether you guys like to argue with taks or not, he does have a point.

From a technical standpoint, Bush's academic career was the equal of either Gore or Kerry. Please note, I have a lot of respect for Kerry. Not so much Gore, but that's owing to Gore's overwhelming nutso, crazy, angry demeanor. Anyhow, in terms of the actual record, Bush is the equal or better of either Gore or Kerry. Now, Clinton is a Rhodes scholar, so his record pretty much towers over any of these guys.

Now, when taks says, "hey, all you folks call Bush dumb, but neither of his two rivals have a better record," Hades responds with "He must have cheated and bribed." The only problem, other than the obvious substitution of wild speculation for real evidence, is that Republicans can make the same argument for Kerry and Gore's records. Once again, Clinton had humble beginings, so I think we can rest assured that, at the very least, he earned his early academic record. I think it's pretty clear that Clinton is the smartest of the bunch, even if he's not the wisest.

See, that's why I'd rather argue withing a framework of mutual respect. Bush has done enough things for which someone might be reasonably irritated, but the National Guard and academic record arguments just seem low and petty. They don't really serve any purpose.

Ah, hell, I've been spending too much time in WoT. I need to get back to work. I'll check in later to see if you guys have solved all the worlds problems. :Eldar's tongue in cheek smile icon:

BTW: alan, "Yes, absolutely." You'll end up getting roasted by both sides again if you joke. hehehe

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Now, when taks says, "hey, all you folks call Bush dumb, but neither of his two rivals have a better record," Hades responds with "He must have cheated and bribed." The only problem, other than the obvious substitution of wild speculation for real evidence, is that Republicans can make the same argument for Kerry and Gore's records.

I always did enjoy it when people made those accusations.

Quick, let's divert this thread into a hilarious Bush-monkey comparison before the serious rational discussion ensues!

Um... In his previous job Bush went under the moniker "Bubbles" working as a sidekick for a has been 80's singer who started off in life as a black man but is now a white woman. He got a little to weirded out by the pop star so he decided to go into a safer occupation, politics.

How's that?

Edited by Judge Hades

Quick, let's divert this thread into a hilarious Bush-monkey comparison before the serious rational discussion ensues!

Um... In his previous job Bush went under the moniker "Bubbles" working as a sidekick for a has been 80's singer who started off in life as a black man but is now a white woman. He got a little to weirded out by the pop star so he decided to go into a safer occupation, politics.

How's that?

He said hilarious Bush-monkey comparison.

Would it had been more humourous if I made references to Jane Goodall instead?

Oh, whenever Charleston Heston shakes the hands of the President he gets Planet of the Apes flashbacks.

Edited by Judge Hades

When the Chimpocalypse comes George W. Bush will recieve the call to betray humanity for he has been a spy for those dirty apes all along! HE WILL BE OUR UNDOING!

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*A bit over dramatic, maybe?

Edited by Judge Hades