Your PC reports to Microsoft daily

WGA can be deactivated.

Where at? I have some..er...things I wouldn't like being seen by the head of a billion dollar corporation. :">

In Internet Explorer: Tools/Internet Options/Programs Tab/Manage Add-Ons.

In the list that appears in the window, look for Windows Genuine Advantage. Select it and click deactivate.

Voil

Incidentally, I'm really liking IE7. I haven't used Firefox on my Windows box ever since it was released. Apart from a few rare rendering bugs on some websites, everything works exactly as it's supposed to. Sure, it's a Firefox ripoff, but a damn good one.

I only allowed the genuine advantage tool to be installed on my computer so I could get IE7 in the first place. Wanted to try it out just for the heck of it (there's no way I'll leave FF in the long run though). So of course, IE7 refused to work on my system (crashed on startup).

Incidentally, I'm really liking IE7. I haven't used Firefox on my Windows box ever since it was released. Apart from a few rare rendering bugs on some websites, everything works exactly as it's supposed to. Sure, it's a Firefox ripoff, but a damn good one.

I'm really liking Firefox - I only switched a few weeks ago. Crash-free browsing for the first time since, well, ever :ermm::) . It will take a lot for Microsoft to tempt me back to IE, whatever the version, and I don't care if my computer tells that to Microsoft every day of the week.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)