Eleven of Videogaming's strangest moments

ramza

6. Planescape: Torment (1999)

The moment: Winning the game by dying

Although it wasn't billed this way, the persistently bizarre Planescape: Torment ranks as one of the greatest, goriest zombie games ever made. You play a nameless hero who can't die

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

10. Rez (2002)

The moment: Why yes, it is called a "trance vibrator"

Rez shipped with a special peripheral: a "trance vibrator." As you shot targets in the game, Rez rewarded you by playing dance music

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Ultima VII was released a couple of months before EA bought Origin.

I think that Elizabeth and Abraham are a coincidence. Especially seeing as you couldn't really say that EA was "backstabbing" them in 1992 anyways. You have to kind of stretch things to consider Elizabeth and Abraham to be backstabbers in the game anyways.

10. Rez (2002)

The moment: Why yes, it is called a "trance vibrator"

Rez shipped with a special peripheral: a "trance vibrator." As you shot targets in the game, Rez rewarded you by playing dance music

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p