Your thoughts...

Guest The Architect

Guest The Architect

In KOTOR II, if you set Revan as LS Carth Onasi is the Admiral of the Republic and he tells you that it never was the Mandalorians choice to go to war and that they were tricked into attacking the Republic, what are your thoughts on this?

If what Carth is saying is true, then I want to know exactly how the Mandalorians were tricked into attacking the Republic and how it was never their choice to go to war, because without some sort of explanation, this is very stupid and hard to accept, unless it can be elaborated on.

Considering the circumstances, you'd have to assume that the 'True Sith' had something to do with this and they orchestrated the Mandalorian Wars somehow, however, I would preferably like an explanation from Obsidian about this, I wonder if Chris Avellone could tell me anything about this, I think I'll PM him on this and see what he says about this.

Edited by The Architect

Easy. TS promised war that is nothing like any war before. Easy to lure bloodlust mandalorians with promising great fights... And tests to their fightning skills. Canderous says this in k1

You might want to check out this old topic. There are few quotes from k1: How old is True Sith plot?

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

• 3 weeks later...

Might be another way of saying that Mandalorians encountered something on some system that left some after effects on their way of life, but it could be anything actually.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

If that is true and the Mandalorians were tricked it has to involve the Rakata or something older than them because if you look at the flags in the camp on Dxun, the Star Forge is pictured on it.

OE was too lazy to create new flags... >_<

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

(w00t)

If that is true and the Mandalorians were tricked it has to involve the Rakata or something older than them because if you look at the flags in the camp on Dxun, the Star Forge is pictured on it.

OE was too lazy to create new flags... -_-

:lol: hehe lazy people..

(w00t) The flags would be from a past victory.But if the mandalorians where driven by the old Sith(not Exar Kun).Possibly it was because they border the old Sith empire,so they had to move just like the Mongolians....but that was from climate change :wub:

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Easy. TS promised war that is nothing like any war before. Easy to lure bloodlust mandalorians with promising great fights... And tests to their fightning skills. Canderous says this in k1

You might want to check out this old topic. There are few quotes from k1: How old is True Sith plot?

I'm with you on this one. The "True Sith" could easily trick the Mandalorians into believing that the Republic would provide them glorious fights.

Perhaps it's all part of a grand scheme of sorts, a plan to weaken the galaxy to prepare for there arrival.

Stage 1: The Mandalorian Wars destroy the first obstacle, the Mandalorians, as it assures that they are weak, since they scatter. With Revan also discovering Malachor V, the stage is set for stage 2.

Stage 2: With the Sith, (no the True Sith), and the Republic annihilating one another in the war thereafter, you weaken both sides, furthur preparing for your arrival. (KOTOR1).

Stage 3: With Malachor V under use - now from Kreia - and the Republic and Sith still having numerous skirmishes, along with the near annihilation of the Jedi at the hands of Nihilus, Sion and Kreia, another obstacle is removed, the Jedi.

Stage 3 will have come about from simple circumstance I'm guessing, but as it seemed mentioned in KOTOR2, it all seems to be a plot to prepare to take over the galaxy. I'm just speculating on how the "True Sith" would go about it.

It is possible that, through subtle influence via the force, they influenced not only the Mandalorians to start a war against the Jedi, but for Revan to discover Malachor V, in the hopes of created Sith Assasins to destroy the Jedi.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Wonder what side effects might be detrimental that would eventuate from such a scheme? Hope there is not some sort of central power enhancing whatever those Sith might already be contemplating on, otherwise it is back to a theory of K1's Star Forge churning out warships again.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I agree with Kotor fanatic. Mandalorian War was for weakening Republic. TS didn't have enough firepower to conquer Galaxy without weakening Republic and Jedi Order first.

So, my theory:

At the end of The Great Hyperspace War (propably biggest and most devastating war between jedi and the sith when it comes to numbers of jedis and siths and battles. Galactic civil war was the ultimate and last confrontation between these two factions that ended to defeat of the sith, but there was only one jedi, Luke, and 2 siths...) when end of Sith Empire drew near, Ludo Kressh, Naga Sadow's old rival, sent forces loyal to him to destroy Sadow's remaining fleet. The two Dark Lords met up, and Kressh banished Sadow from the Sith Empire forever. As the fleet of Empress Teta arrived, Sadow purposefully crashed one of his ships into Kressh's flagship, ending Ludo's short-lived reign as Dark Lord of the Sith.

However, remains of Kressh's fleet vanished into deeb space, never heard again... Here we have these mysterious True Sith.

Slowly (there is 1000 time span between Great Hyperspace War and JCW) True Sith's grew stronger in unknown regions building their Empire and plotting - well they were siths after all - against each other and Republic (especially jedi).

It has to be remebered however, that Reoublic was far from weak in military power before Mandalorains wars, most of the forces was just dismissed, as heard from Carth Onasi, and Republic was caught by suprise.

TS's force had become formidable, but as Republic had numerous and strong jedi order with them AND strong military, direct attack from unknown regions would've been catastrophic defeat or at least too risky. So better to weaken Republic first.

I am sure TS's knew about Exar Kun and his war due their many spies, and mandalorians effort in it. Which other group would suit better to weaken Republic than this vicious warrior people? And during this (as TS's surely knew that mandalorians would be defeated in the end) they would erase this possible threat after they would've conquered whole Galaxy.

So as we know, mandalorian wars began. Jedi Order did not come to it thoughm as they sensed greater threat beyond Mandalorian wars. Especially Vandar sensed this. This threat was naturally True Sith. After Revan and renegade jedi started to help Republic in it's war efforts, tide of war turned leading eventually destruction of Mandalorians.

The part I aren't sure is, did TS cause Revan's downfall and JCW. Final battle could've been in other hugely important (for mandalorians) system than Malachor V. But maybe TS knew that Malachor V was more important than any other system for mandalorians, and maybe they knew that Revan knew it too.

So maybe TS planned Revan's fall, maybe not, it isn't main question. BUt let's presume that they planned it (or atleast hoped for it).

JCW began, and after events we know, this led to pyrrhic victory of Republic. They might actually be worried when Revan triumphed from one fight to another, but I believe that no matter what Revan would've done with protecting Republic's infrastructure, no war can strenghten nation (in this case Galaxy) so unknowing it by him/herself, Revan aided TS's greatly.

When Malak became to Dark Lord and started his brutal war, TS propably jumped up and down for joy, As Malak preferred an all-out war of destruction and carnage. It was this part of war, not Revan's elegant (but weakening anyway) tactics and methods of conversion and assasination, that ultimately nearly destroyed whole Galaxy.

In the end Republic emerged victorious, but as I said before, it was Pyrrhic's victory.

"The Jedi Civil War destroyed the Jedi. By the war's end, barely a hundred Jedi remained. Many fell in battle... and many more were seduced by Revan's teachings."

This was said by Kreia as you all propably remember. Republic was in ruins. Now it was time to strike for TS.

First year after Battle of Rakata Prime went propably in gathering forces and such, so that's why they didn't attack directly after war's end. After year passed, Revan vanished, remembering what he had learned about True Sith and their plans.

Before he went to UR, he left T3-M4 and Ebon Hawk behind, to search help in his struggle. And he left Canderous behind to unify mandalorians so they could help in coming war. And as light side, he left Bastila and Carth to "keep Republic strong". Well, this leads to Kotor 2 eventually.

Then comes the question? Why they didn't attack now. I agree with Jediphile in this matter.

Because Revan somehow foiled their plans, and managed to hold TS's inevitable attack. How?

After all, Revan is one person, so he couldn't simply destroy True Sith. One man against propably at least millions? Right... Revan was tactical genious and mastermind.

TS's are sith, always fighting for power. Revan created civil war between factions of True Sith, and in this way prevented (or better word should be held back, as no civil war is never ending. Ultimately one will win and unify the TS) attack. Surely (s)he has some plan, but he needed help in that too. Exile is his first "helper", but propably not the last. Aslightside Lost Jedi re-establishes Jedi Order and as DS Disciple/Handmaiden with remaining hiding jedi (as Nihilus is gone) does the same thing.

Events of Kotor 2 are not directly connected to True Sith threat, since Nihilus was threat to anything that lives.

Stage 3: With Malachor V under use - now from Kreia - and the Republic and Sith still having numerous skirmishes, along with the near annihilation of the Jedi at the hands of Nihilus, Sion and Kreia, another obstacle is removed, the Jedi.

So this part was its own threat, not connected with TS, as Jedi order was annihilated in JCW already. 100 jedi doesn't do much good.

And what happens next, will TS manage to finally laucn their doomday kind of attack? What happens to everything, siths, jedis, Revan, Exile, Republic? This all will be told in Kotor 3

*bumb*

Interested about others opinions and theories :shifty:

Edited by Xard

However, at what cost would it be to True Sith for an execution of their mega plot?

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Guest The Architect
*bumb*

Interested about others opinions and theories :)

That's an excellent backstory Xard, that backstory pretty much sums up the way I see it too, it all makes sense in the end doesn't it? Anyone who thinks that Revan went to the unknown regions to single handedly fight the 'True Sith' in the open is a stooge. I just hope the backstory that Jediphile has and that me and you agree on is what Obsidian has in mind, well at least something along those lines anyway, I hope they don't have their own retarded interpretation, but I think not, all the evidence in KOTOR II suggests that Jediphile's 'civil war' idea is the backstory idea that they had in mind.

Edited by The Architect