What are you playing now...

Darque

Finished Metal of Honor.  Great game, although getting out of the fortress on hard was irritating.  It took me something like ten tries before I figured out the trick.  Still, I enjoyed the game a lot.  Do any of you know how Call of Duty stacks agains it?  I'm talking the first one, not CoD2.

Never played Metal of Honor, but Call of Duty is a fantastic game. You can pick it up along with the expansion pack United Offensive for $20.00

So how awesome *are* the story/characters?

I killed the game in disgust at the simply *horrible* combat system. It's like they took the Oblivion persuasion minigame and made a game out of it.

I saw some good potential from P2's story, at least. The whole investigation thingie with the Joker or whatever was interesting, at least. I don't remember P1's being intriguing at all. A bunch of kids unleash demon powers. Save the city/world/etc, yay.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Thanks Darque.

Wow - Hades' Japanese must be better than I thought.  :lol:

Revelation: Persona (Persona 1) was in english.... Persona 2 : Innocent Sin (j) and Persona 2 : Eternal Punishment was in engish as well...

I think Hades ment he had Persona 1, but who knows, his japanese could be fantastic.

So how awesome *are* the story/characters?

I killed the game in disgust at the simply *horrible* combat system. It's like they took the Oblivion persuasion minigame and made a game out of it.

I saw some good potential from P2's story, at least. The whole investigation thingie with the Joker or whatever was interesting, at least. I don't remember P1's being intriguing at all. A bunch of kids unleash demon powers. Save the city/world/etc, yay.

Persona 1's story doesn't shiny until you get your cast of characters set... It's more about watching how varies personalities change to handle the situations they face... It gets really good. But the hole game is pretty unrefined, compared to P2.

All right.  I guess you have a point.  Though I remember the game being difficult around the last quarter (always running out of SP with those high level Persona).

Just outa curiousity, who did you pick...  The man or the woman?

They are both characters from Revelation: Persona btw. :)

EDIT - Sony didn't think American's could handle Innocent Sin...  Just like Soul Hacker, those bastards.

I picked Ellen :)

I'll pick nate on the next play :)

Yeah, after all the references I kept running across, I tracked down a character list from the previous games... I think this is something else I like about it, the game has a real good feeling of continuity :D

Are you talking about the contact system?

I thought it was neat. :)

And if anything, Oblivion copied it!

Thanks Darque.

Wow - Hades' Japanese must be better than I thought.  :)

Revelation: Persona (Persona 1) was in english.... Persona 2 : Innocent Sin (j) and Persona 2 : Eternal Punishment was in engish as well...

I think Hades ment he had Persona 1, but who knows, his japanese could be fantastic.

@ Jags

You're welcome :)

@reply

Yeah, I did some checking... I see no problem with the "touchy" subject matters... but Hitler and Nazi's and gay love are something the hot coffee facists probably couldn't handle :)

I think the characters have a lot of depth and development :)

And even though Maya is the "voiceless hero" type... she's got quite a bit of indirect development :)

I really like that :D

Oh, right. Now I remember. The mute protagonists. It's innovative because you're the character!

Is there anything more to gameplay than the persuasion minigame predecessor?

Hadescopy.jpg

I think the characters have a lot of depth and development :)

And even though Maya is the "voiceless hero" type... she's got quite a bit of indirect development :)

I really like that :D

Yeah, I'm surprised Maya as a silent hero actually worked. I read the Innocent Sin translation and honestly, she is quiet a chatty girl... The cool thing is, I read it after playing EP and I totaly pictured her that way. :D

Oh, right. Now I remember. The mute protagonists. It's innovative because you're the character!

The rumor system (you find rumors, spread them around and they come true!), Gambling mini games... >.>

The contact system is the heart of the gameplay.... Don't think you will find much more of interest if you didn't like it.

Yeah, I'm surprised Maya as a silent hero actually worked.  I read the Innocent Sin translation and honestly, she is quiet a chatty girl...  The cool thing is, I read it after playing EP and I totaly pictured her that way. :D

:)

Truth be told, she's the only silent hero that I've actually liked... usually I just tune them out and forget about them.

Maya ftw! :)

The rumor system (you find rumors, spread them around and they come true!), Gambling mini games... >.>

The contact system is the heart of the gameplay.... Don't think you will find much more of interest if you didn't like it.

I see. I don't really have the patience anymore to go through dozens of hours of gameplay I don't find fun just to get to the story. <3 anime

Hadescopy.jpg

Yeah, I'm surprised Maya as a silent hero actually worked.  I read the Innocent Sin translation and honestly, she is quiet a chatty girl...  The cool thing is, I read it after playing EP and I totaly pictured her that way. :D

:)

Truth be told, she's the only silent hero that I've actually liked... usually I just tune them out and forget about them.

Maya ftw! :)

I think the silent angle works well for games like Nocturne were you are given a fair amount of input...

see. I don't really have the patience anymore to go through dozens of hours of gameplay I don't find fun just to get to the story. <3 anime

Fair enough.

Though, you do understand that every JRPG is not an Anime (in fact, most aren't!)?

Heh. I used to be a huge JRPG gamer through the SNES/PSX era. Tired conventions and stale gameplay eventually got to me, though. Their storytelling isn't all that, though you can excuse it because gameplay is supposed to be king. The problem is when gameplay isn't king anyway. I play(ed) JRPGs for the story, pretty much, so I didn't mind the gameplay not being up to par back then. But then, there are better ways in which I can access *interactive* storytelling in gaming, or simply better mediums that actually focus on storytelling. But that's just me :/

Hadescopy.jpg