Currently Listening To

Baley

I've never heard bright eyes, but I have heard plenty of "Indy" music, and to me, a lot of it sounds very similar, and for the most part, a large majority of it I can't listen to.  It annoys me I guess.  But there is probably some good "indy" out there, and I've just heard all the crap.  I don't know if it is so much the music I can't stand, or the whole persona of everyone I know that listens to that music, but I'm pretty sure it's both.

Not all indie music is rock alternative or electronic, hip hop, ect... All indie music is is independent i believe. Alot of it does suck, alot of pop sucks, alot of all genres sucks I think, it just takes time for an individual to weed through to find what suits their pallette. I guess I like indie music so much because thats where I find the most originality, and less glam/pop/materialistic music that suits me.

Almost anyone on the planet craving any type of indie-credibility has heard of bright eyes, they're pretty much one of those "untouchable" bands. That still doesn't stop me from calling their fans crybabies and folky goths. Is not that the music isn't heartfelt and truthful its just that its popularity outshines its sensibilities as something that can be regularly related to. Kind of Drama Queen music.

Thats me, a crybaby, folky-goth drama queen. :thumbsup:

Baley was your post directed at me?

Mount Wroclai - by Beirut

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I've never heard bright eyes, but I have heard plenty of "Indy" music, and to me, a lot of it sounds very similar, and for the most part, a large majority of it I can't listen to.  It annoys me I guess.  But there is probably some good "indy" out there, and I've just heard all the crap.  I don't know if it is so much the music I can't stand, or the whole persona of everyone I know that listens to that music, but I'm pretty sure it's both.

Not all indie music is rock alternative or electronic, hip hop, ect... All indie music is is independent i believe. Alot of it does suck, alot of pop sucks, alot of all genres sucks I think, it just takes time for an individual to weed through to find what suits their pallette. I guess I like indie music so much because thats where I find the most originality, and less glam/pop/materialistic music that suits me.

See, now in all the "indy" that I have heard, I find it has just as little originality as anything else, if not less. All their voices have that characteristic sort of, I don't know if I should call it whiney higher-pitched, or what. Most of the music strikes me as bland and boring also, but thats just me. But like I said, it's not only the music, but also, the whole indy-persona that every person who listens to this stuff that I know has.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Also, Minutemen - Don't Look Now.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

See, now in all the "indy" that I have heard, I find it has just as little originality as anything else, if not less.  All their voices have that characteristic sort of, I don't know if I should call it whiney higher-pitched, or what.  Most of the music strikes me as bland and boring also, but thats just me.  But like I said, it's not only the music, but also, the whole indy-persona that every person who listens to this stuff that I know has.

indie persona? you mean Hipsters? people who express themselves and don't follow the norm? :devil: They're great, gotta love'm! :wub:

*uck the pain away - By Peaches

Myspace Website!

My rig

Who will take the coal from the mine?

Who will take the salt from the earth?

Who'll take a leaf and grow it to a tree?

And no Withteeh, my post wasn't directed at you. And I am in agreement with Lou on this subject. Big surprise, I know.

Yeah, prett much the whole, hip "I'm listening to this sweet indy band, and that makes me cool and non-conformist. Check out these sweet new retro-clothes I just bought."

Edited by thepixiesrock

Yeah, prett much the whole, hip "I'm listening to this sweet indy band, and that makes me cool and non-conformist.  Check out these sweet new retro-clothes I just bought."

Nah, I don't know anybody like that. Are you in highschool?

Myspace Website!

My rig

Am I ever!

Am I the only one who just listens to music that I believe sounds good? Obvious answer to that one, but it seems like the current focus is on the lyrics and attitude of the band, which I really don't pay much attention to unless I want to sing along with it, or try, the key word, to find some semblance of meaning behind the words.

Simply meaning, if I think it sounds good, regardless of the genre, lyrics, or how pissy and whiny the band is, I listen to it.

And seriously Baley, why do you care what other people listen to?

Everlast - Today

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Am I the only one who just listens to music that I believe sounds good?

No, you aren't.

Minutemen - Spillage.

Indie twats are non-conformist in the same sense as Goths, Emos or Metalheads. It's the whole "let's all dress the same way and listen to the same music and screw those mainstream morons with their herd mentality". It's all bollocks. Good music doesn't need some cheap-ass indie approval rating. Indie music has more to do with autofellating than with the underground it so much wishes to duplicate. Pack of white college/high-school kids thinking they know squat about the real world. Man, I wish Big L and D. Boon would come back to life, down from heaven, out of their graves, and smack these no-talent kiddies around a little. Just for fun.

B000000LZV.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

+

B00000294R.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

And seriously Baley, why do you care what other people listen to?

Because I love music. And I don't care about what you listen to in the privacy of your own sanity, I care about what you spam my cosy little thread with. Bland lyrics are annoying. Self-important mutterings even more so. You annoy me, I annoy you. Now post some more of them band names with them band songs we all cherish so much.

Edited by Baley

Now, shouldn't you be whacking off to Bertrand Russell and giggling at Pitchfork media?

Sure beats spamming my nice little thread with pointless emoticons.

George Harrison - Under The Mersey Wall

I love the honesty. At least there's that.

Martin O'Donnell - In Amber Clad

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Keep it civil, open minded and polite.
Now, shouldn't you be whacking off to Bertrand Russell and giggling at Pitchfork media?

Sure beats spamming my nice little thread with pointless emoticons.

George Harrison - Under The Mersey Wall

What happened to civil openminded and polite?

Thats OK, no sweat of my back. :wub:

Arch Carrier - by Autechre

Edited by WITHTEETH

Myspace Website!

My rig

That was like two months ago. And in cheerful Baley mode. Guess your non-conformity has eroded my internet social skills. You're such a rebel! Kick the mainstream in the bollocks!

I see you're sort of, subtly, carefully, insulting my life or lack there of. That's okay, I'm a nerd. You're cool! On the internet! You're cool! On the interent! You're cool!

Russell's corpse is quite obviously waiting for a fellatio. Shoo.

Merle Haggard - I Never Go Around Mirrors

Hehe, hypocrisy. :D

Martin O'Donnell - Heretic Hero

- Everlast

It's actually just common courtesy...

Hootie and the mother****ing Blowfish - Hannah Jane

- Everlast

It is the common courtesy of the religious fundamentalist, the atheistic militant and the political idealist, all humans whose heads are so up their buttocks they can smell the sweet fragrant of fecal mush.

Shellac - Rambler Song

That was like two months ago. And in cheerful Baley mode. Guess your non-conformity has eroded my internet social skills. You're such a rebel! Kick the mainstream in the bollocks!

I see you're sort of, subtly, carefully, insulting my life or lack there of. That's okay, I'm a nerd. You're cool! On the internet! You're cool! On the interent! You're cool!

Russell's corpse is quite obviously waiting for a fellatio. Shoo.

I love you baley, What are a few of your current favorite musical groups Baley?

Myspace Website!

My rig

It is the common courtesy of the religious fundamentalist, the atheistic militant and the political idealist, all humans whose heads are so up their buttocks they can smell the sweet fragrant of fecal mush.

Shellac - Rambler Song

That has nothing to do with the current topic. >_<)

Lit - Miserable

- Everlast

Bertrand Russel is terrible.

You love music, but you can't seem to accept that other people can love music without loving the same things as you. I'm going to keep listening to Modest Mouse no matter what you say. I enjoy their off-the-wall songwriting. If that makes me an indie ****, so be it. It probably wouldn't even matter if I listen to things other than indie at all for you, does it? You can't seem to stop stereotyping people into social groups. Well, I've got one for you, hipster.

Joseph LoDuca - The Deathcoaster (Army Of Darkness soundtrack).

Edited by TrueNeutral